Position: Cell Biology & Target Validation Scientist (1 year FTC)
About the role: We are seeking a highly motivated biologist to work in a multidisciplinary target validation and drug discovery environment. The role will have a broad impact across the portfolio from target selection through target validation and pharmacological testing.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and develop cellular assays to further our mechanistic understanding of our therapeutic targets
• Evaluate compounds across biochemical and cellular assays
• Work with CROs to enhance and support internal research
• Analyse and interpret data
• Present findings to project and group meetings
• Passionate scientist excited to work in a cutting edge neuroscience research environment
• BSc. In a relevant discipline (pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry, biological science)
• Hands on experience in cell culture and cell biology laboratory techniques. Experience in both cell lines and primary cell culture desirable.
• Ability to work carefully and methodically in parallel with delivering high standards of quality and attention to detail is a key requirement
• Knowledge of neurodegeneration disease and neuroinflammation will be advantageous
• Well organised and collaborative approach to research
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Cerevance offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Cerevance is a neuroscience focused drug discovery company dedicated to finding innovative new medicines for debilitating CNS disorders. The company’s powerful NETSseq platform profiles cell-type specific gene expression from human brain post-mortem tissue in health and disease with the aim of identifying novel targets for drug discovery. We have a pipeline of novel discovery- and clinical-stage compounds and a proven team of drug discovery scientists that we are looking to expand the team with an experienced neurobiologist.
Cerevance is located in Cambridge, UK and Boston, MA, USA. The position will be based in Cambridge, UK laboratories.
CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria set out above, should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date of February 28th, 2023.