Cell Gene Therapy Study / Logistics Manager
Frankfurt – Germany
Based in Frankfurt – this is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of the development and growth of the EU/UK Cell and Gene Therapy Team.
This NEW role provides the opportunity to shape the ongoing progression of dedicated Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics services to assist in the delivery of these lifesaving therapies to patients worldwide.
Help move science forward and make your mark and drive success by recruiting and developing this successful team, define and implement service improvements, whilst working closely with customers to support this fast-growing sector in its infancy.
With over 30 years' experience in providing logistics solutions to the global scientific community, and with experts in the areas of regulatory compliance, temperature-controlled solutions and supply chain we strive to be the best in what we do by partnering with our customers to really understand and learn about their key challenges in life sciences logistics. Our experts implement cutting edge logistical solutions to help improve global supply chains across a range of scientific areas, including the movement of advanced lifesaving treatments like cell and gene therapies.
Main Purpose of Job:
To deliver the highest quality service in our industry through coordination of set up and management of daily operational tasks completed by the Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics team.
Taking an active role in the ongoing development of operational ability in cell & gene therapy logistics, to ensure the highest levels of customer service, commerciality, quality & satisfaction.
Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics Service Delivery
Manage the dedicated team to support the end to end shipment process and study set up to ensure that completed in line with customers’ requirements.
• Gather comprehensive customer and supply chain requirements on an individual shipment or study level
• Design and implement appropriate, compliant, cost-effective and scalable solutions
• Collaborate with third party offices and suppliers to arrange and coordinate shipment solutions
• Effectively support the team to proactively monitor status of shipments, identification and action to deal with issues as they arise, implementing planned
corrective measures and escalating appropriately to maintain product viability
• Ensure the customer and/or consignee are provided with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status as required
• Ensure that the service remains accessible and easy to use at all times by the client and applicable stakeholders
Manage correct and timely completion of all pre and post shipment tasks, including but not limited to;
• Placement, control and arrangement of appropriate packaging, equipment and trained operatives
• Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and /or equipment
• Retrieving temperature monitor / device data and providing to the client
• Chain of custody and identity control through preparation and coordination of associated documentation or systems
• Ensure that the team provides clear and concise instruction backed up with oversight and control over third-party offices, transport operatives and suppliers to
facilitate the correct completion of tasks to the enhanced demands of the cell & gene therapy logistics team.
• Liaise with third party Biocair offices and suppliers to confirm local requirements, assist in planning appropriate solutions and obtain timely updates on live
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the Biocair network and capabilities to effectively manage and plan solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Effectively manage suppliers on an individual shipment basis to provide a seamless extension of the appropriate Biocair service.
• Provide regular reporting, analysis, metrics and updates to the cell & gene therapy logistics director.
Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics Service Development
• Develop and maintain a close relationship with existing and potential clients by understanding needs, providing high levels of accurate and timely communication,
ensuring complete satisfaction with the service provided and identifying service level improvements - to become a trusted supplier.
• In collaboration with business development functions, lead the production of quotations and responses to EU/UK regional RFI’s, / RFP’s within the cell & gene
therapy logistics team, giving effective solutions to clients whilst maintaining the company’s profitability targets.
• Manage and develop team of Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics Specialists based within Germany and the UK.
• Provide leadership to your team to drive a culture of performance where strong performers are rewarded, developed, and supported and under performance is
clearly recognized and managed.
• Take responsibility for driving the recruitment, retention, development, and engagement of all staff within the team (EU/UK)
• Coach and appraise performance of direct reports,
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Essentials for this position are as follows:
• Multilingual, fluent German and English both written and verbal is essential – candidates without this will not be considered.
• In-depth experience of working within the specialist Pharmaceutical logistics sector with experience of managing an operational team within this environment
• Excellent track record for investigating deviations and root cause analysis with effective CAPA implementation
• Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
• Adaptable individual with a “can do” attitude
• Able to handle rapidly changing workload
• Ability to successfully coordinate and control team output
Desirables for this position are as follows:
• Direct experience of cell & gene therapy logistics
• Experience of developing staff within a team environment
• Up to date regulatory and customs knowledge
• Supplier performance management experience
• Degree level or equivalent in a Science or other relevant subject
In return you will gain:
• Working with a super customer service and client facing team within Biocair’s newest and fast growing area
• A great development opportunity that you can grow and shape your career
• The chance to technically utilise your scientific or biological degree (If applicable)
• You will join a passionate and energetic team whos’ focus is to deliver a first in class customer centric service and go that extra mile
• A competitive salary and super benefits package
Please apply via our careers site - https://www.biocair.com/careers