Metrion Biosciences is a UK-based, ion channel focused Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing high-quality in vitro preclinical drug discovery and safety
profiling services. Formed in 2015, Metrion has since established a loyal and growing global customer base who access our comprehensive suite of drug discovery services; including medicinal chemistry screening support, cardiac safety profiling and custom assays using native tissue and stem cells.
Metrion’s vision is to establish the company as the first-choice outsourcing partner for ion channel drug discovery research and cardiac safety services for the worldwide pharmaceutical industry. To support our future growth plan Metrion is seeking an experienced ion channel electrophysiologist with a passion for drug discovery research and ability to operate in a fastmoving commercial environment. The role will be based at our Granta Park headquarters (Cambridge, UK) and the successful applicant will be responsible for performing hands on client research, liaison with Metrion’s Head of Client Research Services to ensure delivery of
customer research within the planned timeline and budget and management responsibilities.
Candidates should ideally have experience conventional and/or automated patch clamp electrophysiology, a strong background in ion channel research and some management and/or project management experience.
Duties will include or require the following:
• Working closely with Metrion’s Senior Management Team to plan, execute and deliver customer research contracts to Metrion’s quality standards.
• Performing hands on electrophysiology experiments for client research programmes.
• Provision of technical expertise and mentoring of junior laboratory staff.
• Creation of study protocols and accurate documentation of study results.
• Presentation of results at team and client meetings, plus providing recommendations for future strategy.
• Ability to work in a cooperative team environment and willingness to adopt and champion Metrion’s company values.
• Monitoring new scientific technologies and developments that Metrion may wish to adopt for use in client research programmes.
Essential Skills Qualifications:
• Experience of conventional or automated patch clamp electrophysiology.
• Demonstrable knowledge of ion channel biophysics and pharmacology.
• Experience with leading scientific research teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records and strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills.
• PhD in Lifesciences with at least three years’ experience of laboratory research. BSc or MSc with at least five years of laboratory research experience.
• Customer liaison
• Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment.
• Line management experience, especially with respect to developing a team.
Please visit our website to view the full selection of available vacancies at Metrion.
Please email info@metrionbiosciences with your CV and covering letter to apply.