Amphista Therapeutics is a fast-growing Cambridge-based biotech and the leading European Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) company. Our unique scientific approach to TPD, one of the hottest areas in modern drug discovery, gives us a range of advantages over other therapeutic strategies.
We have completed an oversubscribed $53M funding round to allow us to progress our portfolio of projects and greatly strengthen the development of our underlying scientific platform. We were delighted to recently announce two separate collaboration deals with Bristol Myers Squibb and Merck Healthcare which will allow us to grow and advance our therapeutic portfolio even faster, utilising our unique technology.
Initially founded from the laboratory of Professor Alessio Ciulli (University of Dundee) our team comprises both academic and drug discovery pioneers of the TPD field and a growing R&D team focused on advancing a portfolio of medicines to the clinic using our proprietary next generation TPD technologies We’re now growing the team further and have an opportunity for We’re now growing the team further and have an opportunity for an experienced biologist to join us to help advance our platform technologies and therapeutics.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing UK-based drug discovery biotech’s and be part of a dynamic, adventurous and fast-moving team of experienced drug discoverers and TPD experts in a brand-new research facility.
The compound management Technician/Associate scientist will provide high quality compound delivery to scientists; managing compound receipt and request fulfilment from the routine screening team, with strong customer focus in a core support area. They will process multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues. The candidate will utilize a variety of automation, analytical software, and electronic notebooks and work closely with scientists across Research. They will develop and adhere to protocols and are sufficiently skilled to navigate novel situations when they arise.
They will co-ordinate and manage logistic shipments of compounds to/from required collaborators/companies. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert to less experienced colleagues while also providing a support function where appropriate to other teams. Estimated 75% compound management/logistic shipment to 25% support function.
• At least two years hands-on experience in compound management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes.
• Logistics experience/exposure with organizing shipments
• Proven capabilities to think critically and creatively and to work independently or part of a team
• The successful candidate will have experience in hands-on workflows including weighing, dissolution, compound storage/retrieval, and solid & liquid dispensing.
• The candidate in this lab-based role should have a background in Chemistry, biochemistry and lab management
• Experienced in maintaining, and using inventory software applications including location tracking of samples
• Experience in interaction with project and discipline leads to ensure the smooth delivery of projects
• Proven analytical abilities with high attention-to-detail and strong record-keeping as demonstrated through experience
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Process driven with a desire and ability work within a demanding environment
• Strong team orientation; highly collaborative and flexible experience
What’s on offer
Competitive salary and benefits package including share options and discretionary bonus.
More about Amphista
Amphista’s approaches use completely novel mechanisms to build on all the advantages of TPD while directly addressing the emerging limitations of existing TPD strategies to expand the utility of the field. In particular, we have shown our approach has the potential to be superior to all other TPD approaches (PROTACs, molecular glues etc) through our unique novel mechanisms giving expanded scope, improved druglike properties and reduced tumour resistance potential. We have a range of projects in the discovery phase, initially focused on oncology with potential to expand into other therapy areas including CNS disease & immunology. Amphista R&D is based Cambridge, UK from where we also work with a wide range of global collaborators and CROs.
The Amphista team contains a wide range of experienced drug discovery experts across both biology and chemistry disciplines, creating the ideal learning environment to advance your scientific career development quickly. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic company operating at the cutting edge of protein degradation-based drug discovery to develop first-in-class medicines to treat cancer and other areas of high unmet medical need.
Please visit www.amphista.com/careers and apply via our Website.