OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Computational Chemist (Senior Scientist II / Principal Scientist depending on experience). This is an exciting opportunity to participate in cutting edge drug discovery and undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role as OMass seeks to expand computational chemistry capabilities. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will possess expert Computational Chemistry knowledge with experience across all stages of a project from hit ID through to candidate nomination. The role is based in our Oxford site.
Applications to be received by 31st January 2021
• Ph.D. in computational chemistry or related discipline with a significant amount of relevant experience in a biotech or pharma setting.
• Expert level experience with a wide range of leading computational tools and approaches including ligand and structure-based techniques, molecular dynamics, free energy perturbation methods and QSAR predictions/model development and deployment
• Expert knowledge with scripting languages (e.g. Python) is required.
• The candidate should be driven, independent, experienced working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
• Demonstrated track record of accomplishments, publications and conference presentations in computational chemistry and drug discovery.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills are required.
• Promote and maintain the highest levels of scientific excellence in computational chemistry, to help deliver OMass’ pipeline objectives
• Developing and implementing tools and processes to interrogate data for the purposes of understanding biological, chemical, pharmacological and ADMET data within the context of a drug discovery program
• Contribute to drug discovery projects by proactively applying computational chemistry techniques to drive programs forward
• Publish science in high quality journals and publications
• Presenting on OMass’ projects both at internal meetings and externally at conferences
• Fostering collaborations with academia to help ensure that the Computational Chemistry team operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence
• Experience of working across multiple target-types including GPCRs, solute carries and other membrane proteins
• Familiarity with Schrodinger software suites in addition to a sound knowledge of chemical toolkits is preferred
• Experience of project leadership
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.