PolyProx Therapeutics is a spin-out from Cambridge University, Department of Pharmacology, based on exciting discoveries in the PROTACs/proteasome field.
The company is developing a new class of drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases, using novel engineered proteins that are able to selectively target tumour cells and trigger natural degradation machinery within the cell. This approach promises to address drug targets that have proved intractable using current technologies, important in major diseases such as lung, colorectal and pancreatic cancers.
PolyProx has raised seed financing of £4.4m to build and validate a drug discovery pipeline for several cancer drug targets.
Based in R&D laboratories on the Babraham Research Campus we are currently recruiting a team of scientists, led by Professor Laura Itzhaki, Founder & CSO and Kevin Moulder, COO.
• You will have a Ph.D. or equivalent
• Have demonstrable and extensive expertise in protein design, molecular modelling and simulations, with experience of associated programs such as Rosetta
• Have a detailed understanding of protein and peptide structures and the ability to model novel and hybrid protein structures
• Be current on molecular modeling trends and computational approaches
• Have industry experience and/or demonstrate the right acumen for work in a fast-paced biotechnology company
• You will need to be able to work as an independent scientist but also be a team player and an excellent communicator with proven writing skills.
• Working to the highest standards, you will need to be able to work with a sense of urgency to meet the company’s ambitious goals.
We offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package that includes 6% pension contribution, life assurance and healthcare plan.
Please apply via our website:
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK