Mission Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis. The Company has built a leading platform for the discovery and development of first-in-class, small molecule drugs that selectively target deubiquitylating enzymes (DUBs) – an emerging drug class that is attracting significant commercial interest in the area of protein homeostasis.
We are looking for a driven, organised and proactive individual to join us at our Cambridge, UK based facilities initially on a 9 Month Fixed Term Contract. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that experimental and data processing aspects of DMPK, ADMET and in vivo Pharmacology studies are performed to a high standard and within scheduled time frames.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Responsible for the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of preclinical and clinical DMPK data generated both internally and with external vendors/academic sites.
• Review and interpret bioanalytical data and reports.
• Participate in the management of CROs/academic sites in the conduct of in vitro/in vivo ADME and DMPK studies.
• Present and communicate plans, results, conclusions and project implications to internal groups, project team reps. Contribute to preclinical data package as required.
• Serve as point of contact to coordinate multiple CROs and ensure data quality and integrity.
• Support the preparation of DMPK components of preclinical and clinical study protocol designs, preclinical and clinical study reports, and investigator brochures.
• Support the Head of Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics in preparation of strategic and scientifically sophisticated DMPK drug development strategies that meet regulatory requirements and program goals.
• Provide support as a DMPK project representative to Preclinical Safety, Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management and other departments.
• Participate in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
• Explore new techniques and processes to improve data quality and increase assay throughput.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics or other relevant field with >2 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with evidence of drug development experience.
• Strong knowledge of ADME concepts, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical principles.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in planning, analysis and reporting of in vitro/in vivo DMPK studies is required.
• Proficient in standard MS software (Word, Excel and Power Point) and experience using WinNonlin or other pharmacokinetic software.
• Familiarity with Dotmatics would be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with in vitro toxicology studies with the potential to support the Toxicology Department in data management would be an advantage.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills required. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent DMPK in a team environment are essential.
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.