Verinnogen is a small, growing startup organisation based in Cambridge, UK. We are currently developing a novel technology that improves the way that potential cancer therapies are assessed before they are translated to human clinical trials.
With recent investment, we are looking to grow our development team. We are looking for an enthusiastic Design Engineer to drive our electronic design, development, and verification – with applications in life-sciences and healthcare.
The role is ideal for a team player who enjoys taking ownership in a fast moving, agile environment. It will suit someone who is happy in a small and expanding team, who embraces the wide variety of roles that are required in a startup organisation.
In addition to an exciting and fulfilling work environment, Verinnogen offers competitive salaries and flexible working.
- Design and Development of new and improved components, devices and systems for life-science and healthcare markets
- Design for manufacture
- Prototyping, assessment, analysis and evaluation of design concepts
- Design and development documentation
- Identification / coordination of partners and suppliers
- Other duties as required by the business
Key Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Significant experience in life-science, scientific instrumentation, or medical device design
- Competence with MS Office applications
- Competence with Electronic CAD design (preferably Altium)
- Competence with SMT circuit design, component selection, and testing.
- Competence with PCB layout and manufacture.
- Experience of electrical safety design, associated standards, and working with test houses.
- Practical prototyping and evaluation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Diligent documentation
- Innovative with good problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Agility: ability to maintain focus yet provide flexibility within a fast-pace environment
- Enthusiastic (working alone and in a team environment)
The following attributes will enhance an application:
- Working within Quality Management systems (preferably ISO 9001 or EN 13485)
- Familiarity with EMC testing
- Familiarity with thermal management
- Familiarity with wireless communications and power management
- Software programming
- GUI development
- Human factors and user interface development
- Experience of healthcare device development (ISO 60601 or ISO 61010)
- Experience of Risk Management (preferably ISO 14971)
- Design of experiments
- Design for manufacture
- Design for reliability
- Competence in basic statistics
- Familiarity with the “mechanical” aspects of electronic design (PCBA mounting, enclosures…)
- Full Drivers Licence
Please contact email@example.com with your details or to find out more about this exciting role.
NO AGENCIES - thank you