BE A PART OF GROUND-BREAKING CANCER THERAPY PROJECTS
ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company focused on recruitment of top scientists and management in global biotech and medtech industries.
We are proud to collaborate with an innovative biotechnology company, which is looking for:
R&D Biology Director in Small Molecules Therapies
Together with an innovative European biotech company we are looking for an established and skilled scientific leader, with substantial experience in biotech industry who will play a strategic role in guiding the scientific direction in biology.
The individual will lead a department of approximately 20+ staff who are responsible for the design, development and execution of in vitro and in vivo assays to support progression and optimization of drug discovery process.
This includes design and execution of pharmacology assays to determine drug potency, efficacy and mechanism of action. The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically and possess leadership abilities to inspire, direct and manage scientists, and coordinate activities across multiple drug discovery programs and departments
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone highly motivated and proactive, to join a Company developing world-changing therapies in oncology.
• Determining new directions of work for whole Biology Department, setting new therapeutic goals
• Substantive contribution to the whole drug discovery process, on all stages
• Guides and supports the efforts of several interconnected teams of biologists, including drug discovery biology teams and teams focused on identification and validation of novel targets
• Active engagement in preclinical drug development
• Stays informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of oncology and immuno-oncology
• Communicates science and strategy effectively in a variety of internal and external settings
• A PhD in molecular biology / biology, pharmacology or related discipline with relevant oncology/ immunology research experience
• Demonstrated track record of being a leader and a team player, with hands-on experience in leading teams of science towards delivery of novel therapeutics from target identification to pre-clinical development.
• 15+ years of experience of working in drug discovery/development in industry (pharma or biotech)
• Experience with a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques that would be suitable for target identification/characterization
• Excellent expertise in working with small molecule drug candidates, especially in oncology
• In-depth expertise in preclinical drug development
• Creative and scientifically-oriented leader who stays close to the science and drives data-driven decisions
• Excellent and passionate research and development teams
• Opportunity to work on ground-breaking pre-clinical drug discovery programs
• Attractive salary and benefits package (e.g. private medical care, stock options)
• Friendly and open-minded work atmosphere
• Relocation support if needed