This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated scientist to advance their career by joining TranSINE Therapeutics, a brand-new start-up company, and to contribute to the development of new class of nucleic acid-based medicine in the growing field of gene therapy. We are so new, we don’t yet have a website!
TranSINE Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a Principal Scientist to join our expanding team at Babraham Research Campus, one of the UK’s leading biotech hubs. This presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced, driven and dynamic laboratory scientist to join an evolving biotech focused on the development of novel therapeutics.
The ideal candidate will undertake the delivery of laboratory work to generate high quality data to facilitate the progression of nucleic acid-based candidate molecules through early research and screening activities. Candidates must be able to work independently, be highly collaborative and demonstrate a proven track record in the rapid delivery of robust data sets within a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To implement laboratory-based activities as directed by the Research Director and provide additional intellectual input to experimental design and alternative approaches.
- To execute high quality experimental laboratory work, demonstrating an excellent attention-to-detail and appreciation of the broad Company research goals.
- Work to clear and tight timelines and disseminate data and updates via excellent written and verbal communication, working in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues both within, and external to, the TranSINE Therapeutics team.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A degree in the biological sciences
- 3-5 years’ hands-on laboratory experience working in an industrial or biotech setting, with an evidenced track record of delivering high quality data to tight timelines.
- An understanding of the drug discovery process, and an appreciation of the key requirements for working in a biotech start-up.
- Ability to assist in developing and establishing start-up Company laboratory activities and SOPs.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, following detailed instructions where necessary but providing own intellectual input and advice as appropriate.
- A strong background in essential cell biology and biochemical techniques, including but not limited to: Cell culture (including primary culture work), Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, cell transfection/transduction and fluorescent/luminescent cell-based assays.
- An understanding of experimental design, statistical analysis and data interpretation.
- The ability to deliver experimental data in accordance to agreed timelines.
- Accurate and timely data recording, analysis, report writing and lab book maintenance.
- Adherence to Company codes of Practice and laboratory Health and Safety rules and regulations.
We will offer the successful candidate excellent remuneration and benefits. Should you wish to be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21st 2020