Facilities & Estates Manager at Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst (SBC)
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of SBC’s development and build a career in facilities management.
The Facilities & Estates Manager will provide facilities and estates management services to the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst (SBC) and its clients. SBC is an established and fast changing organisation. The Facilities and Estates Manager will therefore be expected to be flexible in terms of final responsibilities and generally focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs and increasing productivity.
The role reports to Operations Director and is responsible for the line management of the Technical Services Manager.
About Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst
Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst is the UK's is co-located on the GlaxoSmithKline R&D facility in Stevenage; a leading location for companies to develop and commercialise cutting edge therapeutics.
The Campus is home to major organisations including GSK, the Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Catapult, LifeArc and GE alongside a cluster over 40 start-up companies which together have raised over £1bn in funding since 2012.
Laboratory and office accommodation is provided within 3 separate buildings and plans for future expansion are underway. The facilities have been designed to foster cooperation, scientific and commercial dialogue and interaction between entrepreneurs. Access is offered to business support, scientific equipment and scale up facilities that would otherwise be beyond the reach of small or medium-sized companies.
Facilities & Estates Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the delivery and management of Facilities and Estate related services for the SBC portfolio of properties
• Manage Facilities and Estates budget on an annual basis and provide input to service charge.
• Act as Health and Safety officer for SBC on safety matters, working with the SBC Safety Consultant, Technical Services Manager and engineering manager in all matters of safety.
• Ensure compliance with any insurance liability conformance to minimise risk to the building.
• Asist the Operations Director with advice regarding maintenance, running and servicing of the buildings, contract management and all aspects of risk management.
• Assist Engineering Manager with the control of Legionella water quality under ACOP L8 regulations to the buildings water systems.
• Direct occupier requests regarding telephony and IT infrastructure to SBC’s IT provider.
Facilities & Estates Manager Requirements:
• Good knowledge and experience of delivering soft and hard Facilities and Estate services and managing Health and Safety compliance.
• Able to identify and solve problems by working with others to deliver day to day operations and address the specific needs of Occupiers.
• Diligent, proactive with good interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills.
• It is desirable that the Facilities and Estates Manager has substantial experience and/or relevant qualifications in facilities and estates management including:
Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
IOSH Management safety
Experience of laboratory management is highly desirable
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Hours: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours
Benefits: Excellent benefits including 8% Pension Contribution, Life insurance 4 x salary and 25 days holiday
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Building & Operations Manager, Buildings and Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Supply Chain Operations Manager, General Manager, Facilities Manager, Facilities & Estate Manager, etc.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Sara Sawetz at Sara.Sawetz@stevenagecatalyst.com