bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Cambridge Office Based Position
Your role in our team:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Facilities, the Facilities Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all bit.bio laboratory equipment is onboarded and managed in accordance with bit.bio equipment lifecycle process, manufacturer specifications and safety requirements.
The role will provide a central point of contact for bit.bio equipment future requestors and current equipment owners; Lab Captains and Superusers. Providing dedicated equipment management expertise with onboarding, coordinating physical installation and commissioning activities, organisation of annual servicing and breakdowns, monitoring general repairs, administering the documentation requirements, and when required organising the equipment disposal process.
Regular interactions with finance teams on equipment arrivals and asset tracking, safety teams on onboarding of equipment, and scientific teams on supporting their equipment and associated lifecycle.
Other facilities support provided with the maintenance and care of site facilities to ensure legal and regulatory compliance standards are met.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the Laboratory Equipment Lifecycle process.
- Being a 'single point of contact’ for all laboratory equipment activities.
- Centralising onboarding of all new equipment; asset registering with Finance, working with equipment owners (lab captains or superusers) to allocate space and organise facilities required, liaising with safety officers on risk assessments.
- Management and continual monitoring of the equipment records and equipment database (Matrix), ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
- Creation, and upkeep, of equipment files. Recording of manuals, warranty information, servicing plans and associated records, equipment assessments, IQ/OQ documentation for controlled labs, logbooks, and other necessary files.
- Liaising with equipment owners, and external engineers to schedule maintenance and repairs with minimal impact to daily laboratory operations and associated scientific projects.
- Liaising with manufacturer engineers to arrange the repairs, maintenance schedules or trouble-shooting issues.
- Hosting engineers when on site, liaising with equipment owners for final communication and repair resolution.
- Overseeing and tracking service contracts, in close communication with equipment owners and finance team.
- Supporting lab support teams with any pipette clinics, communal equipment management and service activities.
- Working closely with Lab Support on equipment disposals.
- Providing facilities management support to the Line Manager on planned building service activities and supporting with reactive issues that may arise.
- Up to 25% ad hoc support to operational teams as and when required.
- Support with implementation of SOPs, risk assessments and work instructions where required.
- Ability to be on call if required in the event of a Facilities emergency.
- Have a related degree or professional training within Facilities Management, Scientific background or equivalent experience.
- Have a can do attitude, are flexible and approachable.
- Are comfortable with this role involving standing 60% of the time and potentially lifting heavier items.
- Have excellent organisation, communication and relationship building skills.
- Are someone with a sense of urgency and proactive nature.
With essential experience in…
- A previous facilities role, with a focus on managing laboratory equipment or equivalent experience.
- Equipment management processes.
- Understanding of the laboratory environment.
- Laboratory support experience
- Knowledge of Facilities Management Software (Equipment Management focus)
- Fixed Asset lifecycle process
- ISO Equipment Management
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.