One of the greatest challenges facing human healthcare is the observation that interventions vary in effectiveness between individuals. Only the advent of DNA sequencing has allowed researchers to understand the underlying cause for this and to pave the way for personalised medicines that couple knowledge of your genetics and epigenetics to your health.
At Cambridge Epigenetix (CEGX), we are creating a future where sequencing generates more information from DNA and is achievable at far lower costs, bringing closer the day when advanced medicines, diagnostics and personalized treatments become a reality for all. We are creating a technology platform that will deliver a step change in the type of information that can be generated from DNA and the cost at which it can be generated. We expect our technology to become a fundamental component of healthcare and life sciences research.
The newly formed Customer Services team is focused on driving early adoption through collaboration with key academics, commercial companies and other potential customer groups. The team leverages its knowledge of epigenetics, genomics, NGS sample preparation and data analysis to ultimately match our platforms capabilities with our collaborators requirements. As such, the team forms the vital link between our potential customer pool and our product development activities, making them a great blend of technical, communication and commercial skills.
This core requirement of this opportunity is to engage and leverage a network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), early adopters and potential customers to drive the awareness and reputation of our platform, deepening customer relationships with key scientific leaders. This role is all about getting in front of scientists and demonstrating the value of our platform. Key outputs of this role would be:
* Work in collaboration and in scientific discussion with potential collaborators and customers to help them design and conduct novel epigenomics projects to maximize their research success.
* Understand the customer’s research requirements to help them design, implement, analyse and interpret their experiments, thus building the scientific credibility of our technology.
* Work with Field Sales representatives, supporting their efforts to identify, develop and close high-value sales opportunities
* Persuasively deliver technical, customer-facing seminars covering a variety of scientific research areas, applications, products and data related to CEGX’s technology platform.
* Act as an internal customer advocate by communicating information between the customer and CEGX’s commercial and scientific teams, competitive intelligence and market trend.
* Travel to clients (30-40% internationally)
The ideal candidate will have direct experience working with protocols in one or more of the following areas: next generation sequencing, epigenomics, liquid biopsy, rare variant detection, biomarker discovery and precision medicine. They should have a natural flair for communication and be exciting about the opportunity to meet with customers directly in their laboratories to demonstrate and support. Key requirements would be:
* First, and ideally, higher degree in relevant subject area (molecular biology, genomics, biochemistry etc)
* Familiarity with/expertise using NGS library preparation tools and/or next generation sequence analysis software.
* Familiarity with/expertise using high-throughput liquid handling or instrumentation platforms.
* Experience in successful experimental design, interpretation, troubleshooting and optimization. Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of Field Sales.
* Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced start-up environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
This role would be ideal for a customer-orientated scientist who wants to be part of a team trail blazing a new product line that promises to be a step change in DNA sequencing.
Diversity of person = Diversity of thought = Innovation!
At CEGX we recognise that no one can foresee the problems a new, fast growth and technology-driven organisation will encounter. Only by populating our teams with a diverse range of individuals, who feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to the workplace, can we ensure we have the human capital to deliver the innovation needed.
At CEGX we believe in rewarding dedication, innovation and ownership. Our benefits package reflects the broad demographic and diversity of employee we wish to engage and retain:
25 days annual leave (not inclusive of national holidays)
Company stakeholder pension scheme (5% company contribution against 3% employee)
Critical Illness Cover
Mental Health Support
Fresh fruit for the office
Logistics and Lifestyle:
Free secure parking via gated security
Share in the success:
Annual bonus scheme linked to personal performance
Company equity scheme
As we mature as an organisation we will be reviewing and strengthening our benefits offering, so watch this space!
Use the link below to apply: