12 months Fixed Term Contract
Cambridge with some flexible working available
Super flexible benefits package and annual bonus.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our expanding and friendly team here at Biocair who will support the Financial controller and the wider business in reporting timely and accurate financial statements. This will include reporting, strong balance sheet controls and a comprehensive set of processes.
With over 30 years' experience in providing first class logistics solutions to the global scientific community, and with experts in the areas of regulatory compliance, temperature-controlled solutions and supply chain we strive to be the best in what we do by partnering with our customers and our suppliers to learn about the key challenges of life sciences logistics, as well as being experts in how cutting edge logistical solutions are being implemented to help improve global supply chains across a range of scientific areas, including cell and gene therapy and clinical trials.
• Fully reconcile balance sheets for each entity identifying items that need resolving
• Produce monthly slide deck detailing the financial results
• Prepare month/year end close entries including accruals, prepayments and revaluations
• Responsible for all accounting entries and payments for Biocair Belgium & Biocair Germany
• Assist with data transfer to parent company consolidation system
• Assist the Financial Controller with balancing the monthly financial statements
• Produce job and direct cost recharges for multiple entities
• Keep asset registers up to date
• Assist with the production of transfer pricing/management recharge agreements
• Maintain the annual country by country reporting agreements
• Update the management recharge and job charges calculations on a quarterly basis. Propose any updates to the Financial controller for review
• Generate the management recharge and job charge invoices in line with the calculations and agreements
• Generate the monthly job charge invoices and accruals
• Reconcile all intercompany balances each month
• Support the Financial Controller for all internal and external audits
• Update and track progress against the global annual filings timetable, for all entities
• Support the Financial Controller in implementing recommended audit actions
• Support the Financial Controller in ad hoc projects
• Calculate the monthly fuel surcharges
• Support the Financial Controller in preparing/reviewing EU VAT returns
• Calculate customer and supplier rebates for review by the Financial Controller
• Assist with budget and forecast preparation as required by the business partners
Knowledge, skills and Experience
• A part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• A knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP and international taxation
• Proven experience of meeting tight deadlines
• Excellent Excel skills
• Preparation of accounts for overseas businesses
• Experience of working with Senior Levels / Directors and non-Finance Managers
In return you will gain:
• You will be part of our friendly and experienced team and be able to utilise your experience, creativity to help shape the future of the Biocair business.
• A flexible working approach – whilst at present we are all home based – when we return to normal we offer some flexible working from home.
• We will offer a very competitive salary and flexible benefits and annual bonus in addition to a fantastic place to work and a family feel/ inclusive culture!
please apply via the Biocair careers site - https://www.biocair.com/careers