DIVERSA (www.diversatechnologies.com) is a biotechnology company located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
At DIVERSA we specialize in the formulation and intracellular delivery of therapeutic molecules, offering them new opportunities to develop into the clinic. Molecules that otherwise would not reach their site of action, can now be delivered to the target with their therapeutic properties intact thanks to our patented delivery technology.
DIVERSA’s ambition is to prompt the development of innovative therapies for the ultimate benefit of patients, starting a therapeutic revolution.
DIVERSA offers an open position as a freelance Sales Specialist. This position is a unique opportunity to add value to the growing field of biotechnology in Galicia (https://www.galiciabio.tech/) and to develop a professional career in a biotech company projected to be a reference in the sector of drug delivery and nanomedicine.
The sales specialist in their daily activities will be promoting one of our business lines: DIVERSA delivery reagents. These reagents help life science researchers advance their pre-clinical research towards clinical testing stages. The preferred candidate will be remote working from Barcelona or Madrid (Spain) and visit life sciences customers (universities, research centers, biotech and pharma companies) in those territories. The candidate will work as a freelance on a commission base only (high commissions based on sales volume).
Areas of Responsibility
● Promote sales of DIVERSA delivery reagents within the territory
● Provide customers with information about company products and services
● Visit customers in person at the research centers, universities and biotech accounts in the territory
● Report sales of DIVERSA delivery reagents to the commercial team
● Maintain relationships with current customers to encourage repeat business
● Assist customers with questions about orders and shipping status
● Accurately record customer purchases in order to provide accurate invoices and receipts
● This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the sales specialist will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by their manager.
Qualifications and Experience
● PhD in Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Biology or Chemistry with experience as a scientist, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
● BA (Preferably Masters/PhD – in the Science department or a related area)
● Professional English level, as many of our materials are in English
● At least 2 years' experience in a sales or commercial role
● Strong desire to learn and grow
● Demonstrate the aptitude to learn the technology of DIVERSA
● Access to the scientific researchers within the territory
● Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
● A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
● Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals and cross-functional teams
● Freelance on a commission base only (high commissions based on sales volume)
● Flexible schedule working hours to reconcile work and family life.
● DIVERSA provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please send us a one-page CV, motivation letter, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Application for SS). Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More info can be requested at the same email.
DIVERSA Technologies, S.L., is an equal opportunity employer.