ExecMind is a Life Science Executive Search company connecting life sciences companies with world-class scientists and visionary leaders.
We are pleased to invite you to apply for the position of
Business Development Director / Biotech
Location: remote – Europe or USA
Together with an innovative global, European-based drug discovery and development company, we are looking to hire an experienced Business Development Director. The successful candidate will help to draft and implement the strategy in terms of scale-up and business development activities on the global market. It plays a vital role in our Client's operations' future growth and expansion. Our ideal candidate is a person with demonstrated skills and achievements who has a hands-on approach and drive to face the challenge of helping to establish the company’s presence.
• Co-development and implementation of business development strategy for our Client, which includes helping to establish a product portfolio that’s attractive for a global market;
• Building and maintaining relationships and collaborations with biotech/pharma clients and research institutions in the EU and USA;
• Making presentations on Company’s portfolio dedicated to big pharma/biotech clients and other potential collaborators;
• Sourcing new prospects, keeping complete, current knowledge of target organizations, including their existing therapeutic pipeline, organizational chart, purchasing and procurement preferences, financials, public statements, etc.
• Representing the Company at global conferences/exhibitions/events;
• Contract negotiations;
• In a further scheme of things – building and leading a business development team.
• Degree in relevant life sciences field (PhD would be an advantage);
• Demonstrated international experience in business development for R&D in biotech/pharma sector;
• Broad knowledge of R&D life science business and its specificity, including regulatory affairs;
• Fluency in English;
• Readiness for frequent travels.
• Full-time contract of employment or B2B contract
• Attractive monthly salary with a performance bonus
• Frequent travels for conferences/fairs etc.
• Possibility for fully remote work from anywhere in the EU or USA
We would be happy to discuss the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Please apply via our recruitment system:
or contact us via email: email@example.com