We are partnering with a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company focused on creating biological drugs that are based on microorganisms and blood derivatives. Their products are distributed globally, reaching 50 countries. They aim to become a leading force in the Life Science industry, setting new benchmarks and trends. To achieve this, we are seeking a Head of Product and Process Development due to the planned increase in production capacity. The ideal candidate will support the company in its transformation phase, particularly in transitioning biological drug production from the laboratory to an industrial scale.
By joining the team, you will collaborate with recognized experts in pharma and biotechnology. Together, you will innovate in the field of biological drugs, developing products that have the potential to revolutionize the pharmaceutical industry.
• Managing a research and development team, coaching and mentoring.
• Supervising the technology transfer processes from laboratory scale, through semi-technical to full commercial scale.
• Improvement of existing research and development processes. A strong advantage will be the knowledge of factors influencing the production efficiency and methods of identifying microorganisms.
• Optimization of freeze-drying processes.
• Planning, conducting, and documenting design work in accordance with applicable GMP and ICH requirements.
• Conducting feasibility studies for new drug candidates.
• Active participation in the work of the Strategic Portfolio Team.
• Developing KPIs for the department and reporting them.
• MSc/PhD in Life Sciences (e.g. biotechnology - microbiology).
• Minimum 8 years of experience in the processes of obtaining pharmaceutical (biological) products (biomass production).
• Knowledge of culturing, identifying and freeze-drying microorganisms (especially Mycobacterium tuberculosis) is a strong advantage.
• Knowledge of GLP and GMP standards to produce medicinal/therapeutic products.
• General knowledge of the pharmaceutical products development process from the initial phase to market implementation.
• Strong leadership skills, significant experience as a team leader and R&D processes/projects leader. Minimum 5 years of team management experience.
• Ability to transfer knowledge and be a mentor for the team.
• Strong decision-making and issues solving skills.
• Excellent communication and change management skills.
• Very good English language proficiency is required.
• High level of independence and responsibility for decision-making.
• Significant impact on the organization.
• Work in an established, recognizable, and growing organization with an international presence.
• Full-time employment contract.
• Location: on-site work at the Company's R&D centre Lublin.
• Competitive salary and perks.
We would be happy to discuss the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.
Please, apply using our fast recruitment system: