Domainex is an award-winning drug discovery service company based near Cambridge, UK. We collaborate with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, patient foundations and charities on a global basis. We currently have over 100 highly skilled and experienced scientists (both biologists and chemists) and have established a strong reputation in the market for providing innovative outcomes to our partners. In recent years, we have gained world-leading positions with our services, we are an ambitious, fast-growing and profitable organisation seeking to expand organically and launch innovative new services to gain market share globally.
To support our expansion plans, we are seeking to appoint an ambitious new Head of Marketing. The key responsibilities will be to build a strategic marketing plan and co-ordinate the delivery of a range of integrated marketing campaigns to support the growth targets of the company. The role will encompass various aspects of marketing including communications, research, brand building and product management. It will require the capability to deliver eye-catching and impactful marketing campaigns in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be a seasoned marketeer in the life science sector adept at using various marketing communication channels to establish distinctive market positions and have a track record in influencing media outlets to adopt Domainex messaging. The appointee will be expected to work with colleagues in Operations and to have a firm grasp of the technical details to convert them into compelling propositions. The appointee will be expected to manage a marketing budget and be able to deliver commercial impact against expenditure.
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in either biology or chemistry ideally with a marketing qualification
- A proven track record of marketing experience in the life science industry
- Willingness to work full-time from our laboratories near Cambridge with the potential to work from a home office from time to time
- Previous experience of working in a CRO or a life sciences organisation
- Creativity, passion and perseverance to deliver compelling marketing campaigns on a global level
- A collaborative nature, able to coordinate the efforts of external agencies and internal colleagues towards timely campaigns
- Ideally small company experience in their career so they will fit in to Domainex’s culture
What Can We Offer You?
- A competitive salary which will be determined by your qualifications and your experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and you can choose to buy up to 10 days or sell up to 5 days per year plus a day off for your birthday each year
- A generous pension scheme - Domainex will contribute 10% of your salary when you put 5% into our company scheme
- A private medical insurance plan for you with discounts available for your family members
- A group life assurance cover scheme of four times your salary
- An excellent 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- A heavily discounted electric car scheme managed by the award-winning Octopus Energy
- Significantly discounted gym membership for you and family members
- Sustainability options including cycle to work, discounted bus travel and a lift share scheme
We are based on the Chesterford Research Park just outside the charming market town of Saffron Walden, fifteen miles from the beautiful city of Cambridge. Chesterford Research Park has fabulous facilities including a restaurant, a gym, a seven-hole golf course and woodland walks. Close by is the main line railway station of Great Chesterford with a direct train line between Cambridge and London. There is a discounted shuttle service provided to and from the research park from the station.
We welcome all applications into our already diverse and inclusive workplace where we do all we can to assist each and every member of our fantastic team to reach their full potential in their chosen field.
We would like you to submit your application online however don’t worry if you are not comfortable doing so. If you would like an alternative method of applying then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give Emma a call on 07484 014775 to discuss your application.
We would like you to submit your application online ( https://careers.domainex.co.uk/job/496173) however don’t worry if you are not comfortable doing so. If you would like an alternative method of applying then please send an email to email@example.com or give Emma a call on 07484 014775 to discuss your application.