Mission Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company focused on the inhibition of deubiquitylating (DUB) enzymes for treatment of diseases with high unmet need including rare mitochondrial disorders, cancer, inflammation, and neurodegeneration. The company has established a widely-applicable and proprietary DUB research platform to enable the discovery of first in class drugs.
We are currently seeking a Head of Toxicology at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Within the role, the successful applicant will be responsible for oversight of non-clinical safety for our early and late stage portfolio, with a particular focus on generation of regulatory enabling GLP study packages and contribution to regulatory documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD-level education (or equivalent experience) in pharmacology, toxicology, pathology or a related scientific discipline
- At least 5 years in pharma/biotech/CRO non-clinical safety environment
- Experience of toxicology in a regulatory environment with evidence of oversight of GLP toxicology package generation
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to excel in diverse multidisciplinary teams
- Highly autonomous with ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions to safety and toxicological issues/risks
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and stakeholders across seniority grades
- Excellent presentation skills
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
No agencies, thank you.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org