Precision for Medicine's UK Lab is hiring - we are looking for an experienced IHC Scientist to join our team !
Precision for Medicine is a full service clinical CRO focused specifically on biomarker-driven clinical development programs. Our comprehensive approach is underpinned by expertise in biomarker discovery and assay development across a broad portfolio of analytical methods including immune monitoring, tissue profiling, genomics, and bioanalysis / immunogenicity. From our global, specialty lab network we specialise in developing customised approaches for biomarker assays, generating rich, multi-omic biomarker data that support biomarker strategies from preclinical to clinical. The success of this approach is what distinguishes Precision from other contract research organisations and biomarker labs.
If you are passionate about analysing biomarkers in tissues, read on...
- Design, develop, validate, execute, accurately analyse and report automated IHC assays to support biomarker driven services projects for our biotech and pharma clients.
- Provide high quality intellectual and practical expertise externally for our clients and internally within and across Precision for Medicine's lab network.
- Support the development of well defined Project Proposals and prepare high quality, well written Reports
- Effectively manage external projects within timelines and budgets set.
- Generate, protect, and maintain integrity (quality control) of all raw, analysed, reported data and associated metadata, including samples, reagents, methodology details and results.
- Keep organised, accurate and up-to-date paper and electronic scientific records and other operational records required.
- Establish and improve laboratory procedures and associated SOPs and new assays / technologies are introduced
- Troubleshoot and resolve scientific issues/problems
- Provide scientific support for commercial activities as required e.g. presentations and scientific discussions at client meetings, marketing support.
The role will be predominantly laboratory-based, but with periods of computer work for data analysis and reporting.
As we work with clinical samples, the role will require some work outside of normal hours.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- BSc in biological sciences or equivalent, with at least 3-5 years current laboratory experience in IHC, ideally in a regulated laboratory (GLP/GCLP/ISO15189).
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with multiplex-IHC and digital image analysis will be an advantage
- Previous experience working in a customer-oriented research (CRO) environment is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional attention to detail, organised, methodical and accurate with the ability to prioritise work
- Must possess strong computational skills, experienced with Microsoft applications and the use of LIMS / databases
- Self-motivated, committed, competent, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet time and quality-based objectives
- Honest and with obvious integrity and professionalism
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Full-time permanent position
Competitive salary dependent on skills and prior experience
Competitive benefits package
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jessica Patel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.