At Vernalis, we develop and apply fragment and structure-based methods to solve problems in drug discovery and generate development candidates against targets in oncology, neurodegeneration, anti-infectives and inflammation.
We’re looking for a team-orientated and skilled Informatics Manager to deliver, optimise and support drug discovery information systems used by our Cambridge based Research group. You will be responsible for our biological data management, LIMS and inventory management systems as part of the informatics team here in Granta Park.
About the candidate
Candidates will have at least a BSc/MSc in a relevant scientific discipline together with at least five years of postgraduate experience, preferably within industry.
• Maintenance of protocols within an assay data management system (ActivityBase experience an advantage)
• Implement improvements in template design and design new templates for use in assays and HTS screening through liaison with end-user scientists
• Assist in the development and maintenance of our electronic lab notebook system
• Experience supporting an inventory management system (experience with Mosaic preferred)
• End-user training in relevant systems
• Work with IT to ensure availability of reporting tools and applications to aid workflows
• Familiarity with the drug discovery process and supporting drug discovery research tools
• Experience using data pipelining tools e.g. Knime and Pipeline Pilot.
• Database development skills (with some knowledge of Oracle preferred, PostgreSQL also advantageous)
e.g. schema design, data warehousing and ETL in a scientific environment
Personal Skills and Behaviours
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• An active awareness of new and developing technologies
• Works both independently and in collaboration with others
• Plans ahead and is proactive in identifying and troubleshooting potential obstacles
• Meticulous with excellent analytical and organisational skills
• Can deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Reliable, professional and conscientious attitude
We offer talented and motivated individuals’ excellent opportunities to develop their career within a creative and supportive team environment. Plus, a benefits package that includes an excellent salary (in line with qualifications and experience), bonus, pension, private medical cover and life assurance.
To apply, send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org