At Vernalis, we develop and apply fragment and structure-based methods to solve problems in drug discovery and generate development candidates against targets in oncology, neurodegeneration, anti-infectives and inflammation.
We’re looking for a team-orientated and skilled Informatics Manager to deliver, optimise and support drug discovery information systems used by our Cambridge based Research group. This role will be responsible for our chemical registration and electronic lab notebook systems as part of the informatics team here in Granta Park.
About the candidate
Candidates will have at least a BSc/MSc in a relevant scientific discipline together with at least five years of postgraduate experience, preferably within industry.
• Experienced maintainer of chemical structure databases
• Experience in managing an electronic lab notebook system
• Familiarity with the drug discovery process and supporting drug discovery research tools
• Experience using data pipelining tools, e.g. Knime and Pipeline Pilot
• Database development skills (with some knowledge of Oracle preferred, PostgreSQL also advantageous),
e.g. schema design, data warehousing and ETL in a scientific environment
Personal Skills and Behaviours
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• An active awareness of new and developing technologies
• Can work both independently and in collaboration with others
• Plans ahead and is proactive in identifying and troubleshooting potential obstacles
• Meticulous with excellent analytical and organisational skills
• Can deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Reliable, professional and conscientious attitude
• Presentation skills
We offer talented and motivated individuals’ excellent opportunities to develop their careers within a creative and supportive team environment. Plus, a benefits package that includes an excellent salary (in line with qualifications and experience), bonus, pension, private medical cover and life assurance.
To apply, send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com