We are seeking a Key Account Manager to work with our Academic Customer base in the northern part of England and Scotland. The successful candidate will have a strong background in consultative selling approaches, have an existing network within the region’s Academic Accounts, and is eager to support our customers and extend the existing network. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute strategic objectives and tactics to grow the business within the allocated accounts.
Who we are...
Cell Signaling Technology (CST) is a different kind of life sciences company, one founded, owned, and run by active research scientists, with the highest standards of product and service quality, technological innovation, and scientific rigor for over 20 years. We consistently provide fellow scientists around the globe with best-in-class products and services to fuel their quests for discovery.
Helping researchers find new solutions is our main mission every day, but it's not our only mission. We're also dedicated to helping identify solutions to other problems facing our world. We believe that all businesses must be responsible and work in partnership with local communities, while seeking to minimize their environmental impact. That's why we joined 1% for the Planet as its first life science member and have committed to achieving net-zero emissions by 2029.
The Key Account Manager Academic is responsible for (over-) achieving revenue objectives within Northern England and Scotland by building business relationships, proposing solutions to customer issues creating customer value. All in a manner that is consistent with business plans and company objectives. This role is field based.
You'll have the opportunity to...
• Establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned territory within the Academic market.
• Proactively assess, clarify, validate and satisfy customer needs on an on-going basis.
• Understand and communicate CST value proposition addressing customer needs.
• To develop and execute strategic sales plans, perform continuous account mapping including key decision makers to develop and work on a healthy opportunity
• Develop timely and accurate forecasts (volume and spend) for assigned accounts and revise throughout the year.
• Maintain and use of CRM (SFDC)
• Maintain high knowledge of applications, products, markets, and competition.
• Constantly monitor and assess market dynamics, funding opportunities, competitive activities, business risks and opportunities, report findings into the organization and address through tailored tactical sales plans
• Execute monthly responsibilities: Monthly reports, expenses, and other operational requirements.
• Strive to maximum customer satisfaction.
Who you are and what you bring to the team...
• Value and embrace the possibility to meet with customers and attend events in the UK and Europe
• Value and embrace the possibility to meet and connect with your colleagues in the Leiden Office (Netherlands)
• Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, tech support, customer service, marketing, product management and R&D
• Comfortable in conducting presentations, seminars, and workshops to CST's existing and potential new customers.
• Support our marketing team in the development of campaigns/promotions.
Ideally, you have...
• Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
• Good knowledge and understanding in the field of Cellular Biology and Immunology.
• Minimum 3 years proven sales experience in Life Science
• Excellent knowledge of English in word and writing
• Valid Drivers License
• Experience in a lab environment
Please apply using the following link: https://careers.cellsignal.com/job/?Key+Account+Manager+UK+Academic-EMEA...