Adrestia Therapeutics is an exciting, new and quickly developing biotechnology company that is systematically defining imbalances connected to various human genetic diseases and developing new ways to treat them. Fundamental to our science are precision cellular disease models and our innovative Disease Rebalancing, Target Discovery and Drug Discovery platforms.
As a consequence of our highly successful Series-A fundraise, we are now seeking to recruit a range of highly accomplished, dedicated, resourceful and team-oriented personnel to join us in our new facilities on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Role: Laboratory and Facilities Manager
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated, organized, versatile and proactive Laboratory and Facilities Manager to join our team. As the Laboratory Manager you will play key roles in developing and maintaining laboratory facilities, practices and capabilities. As the Laboratory Manager you will also work alongside scientific teams to ensure efficient, smooth operations and assist in the development of projects.
The post-holder will at all times operate with the highest levels of scientific and professional integrity, honesty and
openness. Roles within the company will include:
• Everyday organisation, running and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
• Managing and ensuring adherence to H&S procedures, including performing laboratory and H&S inductions for
new staff members.
• Assisting in the writing and maintenance of SOPs and Risk Assessments.
• Maintaining laboratory consumable inventories and negotiating supply agreements with key suppliers.
• Establishing excellent relationships with external parties, including establishing MTAs, and arrangements with
Babraham Campus agencies and facilities.
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with other company employees.
Qualifications and other requirements:
• A degree level qualification in molecular biology/biochemistry/cell biology, and/or relevant work experience.
• Experience in managing Health & Safety in a laboratory environment and working in a quality assured
• Previous research laboratory experience relating to mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques is
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• High attention to detail and excellent record keeping.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Highly collaborative and able to work in a matrix, interactive, and fast-paced drug discovery environment.
• Reliable, resourceful, trustworthy and self-motivated.
This is an exciting opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic and quickly-growing biotech company, and to
contribute to the development of innovative new medicines.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
To comply with UK employment legislation, applicants for positions at Adrestia therapeutics must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Adrestia.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website: www.adrestia.com.
No agencies, thank you.