Laboratory Informatics Lead
We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients. We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them. If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our world-leading IT group.
The LIMS Lead supports laboratory operations through the implementation and maintenance of software-based solutions that enhance laboratory workflows, data management, and data sharing. The LIMS Lead works directly with laboratory leadership to define laboratory information technology needs, and assists with the selection of software and supporting hardware to meet those needs. The LIMS Lead works with commercial vendors, information technology (IT) staff, and laboratory staff to implement laboratory IT systems. The LIMS Lead also maintains and enhances laboratory IT systems to meet the constantly changing needs of the laboratory and its clients.
• Maintain knowledge of IT functions required for LIMS operation including overall system architecture
• Make decisions that support LIMS selection, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement
• Lead the RFI and RFP processes, and participate in proposal evaluation and product selection
• Lead contract negotiation and management
• Participate in project budgeting and help ensure projects remain within budget
• Directly manage all projects related to LIMS implementation, maintenance, and enhancement
• Ensure clear and direct communication with laboratory staff, state IT staff, and vendors throughout LIMS development, testing, implementation, enhancement, and maintenance phases
• Assist laboratory leadership in defining milestones for the completion of LIMS projects
• Ensure LIMS requirements are clearly defined and understood by state IT workers and vendors
• Establish LIMS project priorities through communication with laboratory leadership and vendors
• Perform LIMS testing and oversee application testing performed by laboratory staff
• Establish a protocol for error reporting and resolution
• Establish a protocol for application enhancement and coordinate enhancements with laboratory leadership, laboratory staff, IT staff, and vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in LIMS, python software development
• 3-5 years management experience in a lead role
• ** Clarity LIMS experience a plus **
• In-depth knowledge in laboratory sciences as well as the LIMS and IT needs of a diagnostic lab
• Deep understanding of lab processes
• Ability to communicate cross functional
• Experience with Git or similar version control system
Our TRANSFORM Values guide all our activities:
Team, Results, Ambitious, Nimble, Solutions, Focused, Openness, Recognize, Make a difference
Inivata Inc is located in RTP, NC
Inivata LTD is located in Cambridge, UK
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 24th June 2019.
We look forward to reviewing your application!