Job Title: Laboratory Support Technician
Job Type: Permanent
At LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
To effectively manage and maintain laboratory consumable and reagent stocks, provide technical assistance across the laboratory, support scientific research project work, and function as a link between the Site Services team and laboratory-based scientific staff.
• Maintain and manage communal reagent stocks and repositories
• Generate media and buffers
• Support the laboratory manager and laboratory supervisors in the day-to-day running of the laboratory, including supporting, calibrating, and maintaining laboratory equipment, and liaising with engineers
• Ensure that the laboratory is kept in good order to comply with health and safety regulations (e.g., removing old test samples and waste)
• Provide hands-on support for scientific research experiments
• Conduct work to a high standard adhering to laboratory health and safety regulations
• Assist with manual handling tasks if needed
• Plan and organise own workload with direction from line manager
• Weigh out chemical compounds for storage, dissolution or dispatch
• Make up parcels in a secure manner for dispatch.
Education & experience required:
• Educated to A-Level (or equivalent) in a science-related subject, preferably biology and/or chemistry
• Prior experience of working in a laboratory or experience in a lab-based support role desirable
Skills & abilities:
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and excellent team working skills
• Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities
• Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations in different units of measurement and ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
• Must comply with all H&S requirements and use PPE correctly
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority ethnic backgrounds, for example, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LifeArc we are dedicated in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Apply now - and start translating your potential! To apply please click the application link to LifeArc’s career site– where you can apply and share your cover letter and CV to be reviewed: https://lifearc.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/23