We are looking for a driven individual to join us as a Lead Manufacturing Biotechnologist.
We are RoslinCT, a world-leading cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organisation creating cutting-edge therapies that change people’s lives. Collaborative, dedicated and talented people are at the backbone of our culture, working both autonomously and in driven teams to make life-changing products utilising ground-breaking science.
As part of our continued growth, we are now recruiting across all of our teams including this Lead Manufacturing Biotechnologist role. This role is well suited to an individual with prior experience in pharmaceutical or biologics Manufacturing looking to take the next steps in their career and lead a team.
You will be a key member of our Manufacturing team and will be responsible for providing technical leadership for Manufacturing processes as well as line managing a small team of scientific and technical employees. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in pharmaceutical or biologics Manufacturing, ideally within aseptic sterile Manufacturing, and the desire to develop Management skills through leading a team.
Work at RoslinCT is fast paced, and no two days are the same. Your responsibilities will therefore be varied, but will include;
* Being responsible for the manufacture of Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products (ATMPs) according to current Good Manufacturing Practice within a controlled clean room environment.
* Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety policies and driving of a Safety First culture.
* Preparation, review and maintenance of batch production records and standard operating procedures.
* Completion of quality related documentation including batch production records, change controls, incidents/deviations and risk assessments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
* Planning and undertaking of the validation of new Manufacturing processes and equipment in addition to the routine qualification, calibration and maintenance of Manufacturing equipment.
* Providing technical leadership to Manufacturing projects and campaigns.
* Acting as a Manufacturing point of contact for clients providing written and oral technical/batch progress updates and other information as required.
* Line management of a team of 6-8 Manufacturing Biotechnologists – you will be responsible for managing employee performance, development and, if applicable, conduct with appropriate support from senior line manager and HR.
* Accountability for the performance and quality of output of own team and financial accountability for timesheet sign-offs.
* Contribution to the Manufacturing Management team by working collaboratively with senior colleagues to ensure consistent approach to management and problem solving.
* Responsibility for day-to-day co-ordination and decision-making in respect of team, escalating more complex matters to the Manufacturing Section Manager and/or Manufacturing Manager as required.
* Liaison with the Training Academy to ensure development of relevant training pathways for all direct reports.
* Working on a shift pattern (exact shifts TBC, but likely to rotate between Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri 7am-3pm, Mon-Fri 11am-7pm and weekend work).
You will hold a Life Science degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Skills and Experience:
You will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent working knowledge of cGMP requirements within a pharmaceutical or biologics Manufacturing environment.
* Experience of working in an aseptic sterile Manufacturing environment would be desirable, although not essential.
* Experience of cGMP iPSC culture methods would be desirable, although not essential.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company delivering life-changing therapies, we offer:
* 31 days of annual leave, plus 4 public holidays - when you have been with us for three years, we will give you an extra day holiday every year and when you reach 5 years, you’ll get an extra two days holiday every year.
* Competitive company pension scheme – we contribute up to 8% of your salary (depending on length of service) to ensure that you are all set for the future.
* Group Life Cover – you are automatically covered for three times your basic salary to give you peace of mind for you and your family.
* Healthcare Cashback, Mental Health/Wellbeing support and gym discounts via our Healthcare plan.
* Staff discounts on food, drink, electronics, entertainment and electricals.
* Access to our Cycle2Work Scheme so you can save up to 42% on a new bike to help with your commute and wellbeing.
* We have a dedicated Social Committee and other regular company events such as BBQs, team drinks, quizzes, parties and 5-aside football.
* Career Progression & Training Opportunities are provided for all of our staff to help you achieve your goals and grow professionally and personally.
A key part of working at RoslinCT is being able to embody our company values, which are integral to the work we do here. As such, you should be able to demonstrate:
* Passion for customer satisfaction.
* Ability to support a ‘one team’ approach.
* Great communication.
* Commitment to personal growth and development.
* Accountability for your work.
We are based at Edinburgh BioQuarter, which acts as a hub for Scottish Life Science with close links to the University and the Royal Infirmary.
Employer Value Proposition:
RoslinCT is seeking the best, brightest, and most passionate cell and gene therapy talent with a diverse range of skillsets, experience, and perspectives. We offer industry-leading annual leave allowances, career development opportunities and employee benefits, as well as working groups and social activities, and are dedicated to developing the next generation of experts and future leaders of our company. If you want to utilise your skills and talent in a state-of-the art company that truly changes lives, you belong at RoslinCT.
Please follow the following link to apply: https://roslinct.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=8e8def87-7dc...