With over 30 years' experience in providing logistics solutions to the global scientific community, and with experts in the areas of regulatory compliance, temperature-controlled solutions and supply chain we strive to be the best in what we do by partnering with our customers and our suppliers to learn about the key challenges of life sciences logistics, as well as being experts in how cutting edge logistical solutions are being implemented to help improve global supply chains across a range of scientific areas, including cell and gene therapy and clinical trials.
Come and join our expanding team based in Heathrow and really help Moving Science Forward. Are you a Life Science Import Manager looking to make your mark in Biocair and provide an exceptional service to our customers?
We are looking to recruit a driven and passionate Import Manager to join our growing team in Heathrow. This exciting role will work as part of the Operations team to deliver the highest quality service in our industry by ensuring all shipments are managed in the most efficient, safest and cost-effective way.
Working in a fast-paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with logistics, courier or freight-forwarding experience. You will need to be highly organised, have the ability to work well under pressure and provide exceptional customer service
You will have the opportunity to really make a difference to our customers and the patients they support and help move science forward!
• Perform and manage the Import function of the LHR Operation and provide assistance as and when required.
• Build an experienced and skilled Air Import Department which will perform all import duties in accordance with Customs and Regulatory compliance.
• Mentoring, coaching and supervising a team within LHR import department, behaving as a role model and champion for customer service excellence. Motivating and energising the team to offer service that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
• To train, develop and instill knowledge and expertise with all staff in the department.
• Liaise with other Biocair departments, offices, suppliers and service partners as necessary to ensure that the desired level of customer service is maintained.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with outside agencies to ensure that the company complies with all legal requirements and regulations to enhance and safeguard the company’s reputation.
• Ensure service levels provided are in line with, or exceed, Biocair’s corporate Key Performance Indicators.
• Maintain regular contact with existing and potential clients to resolve any problems, identify new business opportunities and improve service levels and efficiency.
• Act as point of contact for overseas offices and agents on shipments importing into the UK.
• Ensure import Pre-Alerts including paperwork checks.
• Ensure all pertinent information, including any import permits, are present to ensure the entry submitted is fully compliant with all relevant customs and customer requirements.
• Oversee all import declarations are completed accurately in accordance with HMRC regulations and in an expedited fashion.
• Ensure all imports are stored correctly and in accordance with the temperature requirements of the product.
• Interaction with the airline handling agents to arrange repack / intervention when necessary to maintain temperature validation.
• Identify potential issues and delays. Put pre-emptive measures in place to ensure service levels are met and the customer is advised as appropriate.
• Work with the operation and transport teams to guarantee delivery of all imports take place within customer expected timescales and in the most cost-effective way using the correct transport options available.
• Ensure customs are provided with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status.
Ensure correct and timely completion of all after shipment tasks, including but not limited to:
- Retrieving temperature monitor data and returning this to the client.
- Arranging return logistics for Biocair or Customer reusable packaging.
• Investigate deviations, provide true root cause analysis and CAPAs, creating formal customer reports clearly and accurately.
• Build positive working relationships with internal stakeholders and work pro-actively with other teams in the UK and all global locations to deliver excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive operations experience within a specialist courier and logistics company within the Life Science / Pharmaceutical industry
• Demonstrated line management experience in a team lead / supervisory or managerial position.
• Knowledge and understanding of Customs Clearance procedures with pharmaceutical, research and life science related materials involving permits and licenses.
• Regulatory compliance knowledge and understanding of the materials we are importing.
• Proven knowledge of Customs Entry submissions using Sequoia or equivalent.
• Up to date knowledge of customs CPCs and HTS codes.
• Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbal and written, with a passion for providing customer service excellence.
• Collaborative approach, working across functional areas and cultures.
• Proven ability to build, train and supervise a productive and engaged Operations team(s).
• Pharmaceutical industry experience, ideally within logistics or related area.
• Experience in collection and delivery of high importance, time-critical shipments.
• Cold Chain knowledge / experience.
Valid Dangerous goods qualification to transport dangerous goods within ADR regulations.
For more information and to apply visit https://www.biocair.com/careers