Life Science Logistics Manager
Competitive Salary plus super benefits package
With a group turnover of £40m projected to grow to £120m by 2025 we are entering an exciting growth period here at Biocair and we are looking for driven professionals to join our global Operations team.
This exciting new Life Science Logistics Manager role will lead, mentor, develop and motivate the Life Science Customer Service and Logistics Coordinators within the Operations department, ensuring that all deliver a consistent, effective and efficient service to internal and external customers.
Are you a logistics manager, looking to make your mark in Biocair and provide an exceptional service to our customers and “help move science forward”?
We are looking for a talented and passionate manager to support the teams with complex, non-routine and specialized requirements, sharing experience, knowledge and insight to ensure team development. The Life Science Logistics Manager will hold overall accountability for the delivery of their teams, and will continue to build effective relationships with customers.
Main Purpose of Job:
We are looking for an energetic and driven individual to deliver the highest quality service in our industry by ensuring all shipments are managed in the most efficient, safe and cost-effective way.
• A skilled people manager, responsible for managing and developing a multi-skilled Customer Service/Logistics team, including
• Setting high expectations for the team, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clear and proactively managing employees to fulfil them
• Supporting, coaching and mentoring employees to enable them to develop their skills and experience and build their careers within Biocair
• Identifying process improvements and efficiencies and working with team to implement effective solutions
• Identifying broader challenges and opportunities, proposes solutions and workable implementation plans, communicates with stakeholders and manages change
• Developing accurate resource plans which take into account opportunities for efficiencies as well as future business requirements
• Develop a team which has no points of failure, is well equipped and skilled for current future work demands.
• Responsible for all people management for the team across the whole employee lifecycle including but not limited to recruitment, training and development, objective setting and performance management, pay and reward.
• Builds a cohesive and engaged team, ensures all employees attend regular 1-2-1’s and team meetings as well as that remote employees and Drivers are fully up to date with internal communications and that their input is fed back into the operations team and wider company as required.
• Ensures completion of individual and team deliverables, managing changing deadlines, addresses problems constructively dealing calmly with conflict where necessary, completes tasks/ projects to a high standard and will develop workable solutions, escalate appropriately where there are barriers to delivery.
• Encourage collaboration with the rest of the UK Operation, in addition to other departments and offices on a global basis, to achieve Biocair’s company objectives.
• Be an advocate for positive change, by promoting a team culture of reflective learning and continuous improvement. Enabling and empowering individuals within the team to implement improvements to existing processes or systems.
• Identifying and implementing any training needs or information awareness to improve the levels of service offered.
• Assisting the UK Operations Management team in the preparation of local goals to support company strategic goals, on an annual basis. Designing and implementing appropriate action plans to meet local goals.
• Preparing and analyzing appropriate data to continuously improve performance with regards to company KPI targets.
• Designing and implementing action plans to meet and exceed company KPI targets.
Customer Service Responsibilities
• Promoting regular liaison with major key clients to ensure that the highest levels of service and communication are achieved and maintained, whilst optimising each interaction with the customer when requesting any information.
• Coordinating the preparation and communication of service quotations to customers, liaising with the commercial and finance teams, as appropriate.
• Providing guidance and expertise to internal and external customers in relation to specific queries – including but not limited to export and import regulations, or temperature-controlled shipping solutions.
• Leading and preparing root cause investigation, issue resolution with CAPAs, creating handling reports for key clients in the event of any major service issues or client complaints.
• Organising and attending customer meetings and teleconferences, as required.
• Perform out of hours on call duties on weekdays and weekends as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Significant Customer Service experience within the Life Science Industry
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to train, mentor and manage a small team
• High levels of integrity, able to lead by example
• Proven ability to work well under time pressure
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
• Customs systems: CHIEF, CDS, Sequoia.
• Knowledge of airlines, air cargo, creation of master air waybills, airline rates, routings and experience of working with an Air Export department.
• Be a specialist in export operations e.g. Customs & Trade compliance, GDP regulations, Export Control
In return you will gain:
• A competitive salary and super benefits package.
• A great development opportunity for you to grow and shape your career.
• You will join a passionate and energetic team with a focus to deliver a first-class customer centric service and go that extra mile.
To apply and for more information visit www.biocair.com/careers