Domainex is a well-respected integrated medicines research services partner working globally with ambitious life science organisations, including biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, patient foundations and academic institutes.
Domainex is a fast-growing, privately-owned drug discovery service company, with a strong reputation for innovation. We support academic, biotechnology, patient foundation and pharmaceutical life-science organisations globally to progress their drug discovery programmes towards pre-clinical development. We are an ambitious organisation offering best-in-class services to our sponsors. We are based at a state-of-the-art 20,000 square-foot facility at the Chesterford Research Park near Cambridge, UK and are a co-located, multi-disciplinary team of chemists and biologists with a friendly, collaborative, can-do approach to our work.
Complementing an ambitious growth strategy, we are actively investing in our people and technologies, and looking to strengthen our teams. If you would like to join us, and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Domainex has a number of vacancies for talented laboratory-based synthetic and medicinal chemists who are qualified to PhD level in organic or medicinal chemistry (or with BSc/MSc and relevant post-graduate experience). The level of appointment will be commensurate with experience. These will be lab-based positions and the successful candidate will have a passion for synthetic chemistry and be able propose and execute synthetic routes efficiently. A knowledge of DMPK, toxicology and biology concepts in order to make key decisions for drug design would be beneficial and essential for those seeking appointment in a Team Leader role.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Design and synthesise compounds at high purity for client projects as bespoke compounds and/or in array format
• Contribute to areas such as fragment hit identification and lead discovery for client projects
• Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
• Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
• Actively pursue own personal development
• Line management opportunities
• Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
• Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
• For team leader role: Report directly on your team’s performance to external clients and to the Domainex chemistry management team
If you would like to apply for any of these positions, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting Reference: MSC0721 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 August 2021, Please Note: This job post will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received