Based at Alderley Park, Infex Therapeutics supports and accelerates the development of new antibiotics, antivirals and diagnostics. We provide a fully integrated development capability, offering translational R&D from pre-clinical hits through to clinical proof of concept.
More details about the organisation can be found at: https://www.infextx.com/
Description of the role
Infex Therapeutics has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medicinal Chemist supporting our expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs through hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation phases. The position will be based on the Alderley Park life science campus working within the Chemistry team and conducting research to progress our small molecule programs targeting bacterial and viral pathogens. The successful candidate will be able to apply their chemical synthesis experience to the development and execution of routes to novel research compounds. They will be an integral part of the medicinal chemistry team, with opportunities to contribute to the analysis of structure-activity-relationships, compound design and optimisation of biologically active molecules.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and passionate drug discovery company, contributing to novel research into the next generation of drugs to treat infective diseases.
• Design and execution of synthetic routes, employing innovative and novel technologies as appropriate.
• Maintain a working knowledge of drug discovery, proposing new targets based upon analysis of structure-activity-relationships and screening data.
• Prioritise own workload effectively and assist in trouble-shooting synthetic problems within department.
• Communicate and present results, ideas and questions to chemistry/project teams and line management.
• Perform careful and thorough experimental work and report when required, ensuring all records and databases are up to date.
• Contribute to smooth running of laboratory, including maintenance of communal areas /equipment and consumable stocks.
• Comply with company safety procedures and policies.
• Contribute to journal publications, conference presentations and patent applications.
• PhD in a chemical science related discipline, or BSc/MSc with equivalent experience in large/small pharma or biotech.
• A strong background in practical synthetic chemistry, with knowledge of modern synthetic techniques and route design.
• A scientific problem-solving attitude, with a desire to contribute creatively to the development of novel small-molecule therapeutics.
• Experience/knowledge of the drug discovery process would be desirable.
• Good interpersonal skills and teamwork in a cross-disciplinary setting.
COVID information: Infex Therapeutics has implemented COVID precautions in both our office and laboratory facilities. Due to the nature of our work, laboratory staff are actively working in our Alderley Park facilities. As such, there will be minimal home working required with this position during the COVID-19 pandemic. Interviews will also be conducted face to face, whilst following COVID safety guidelines.
How to apply: Please send your application to HR@infextx.com , with the title of the job you are applying for in the Subject field.