With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a Medicinal Chemist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
As part of the medicinal chemistry design team, you will be heavily involved in all chemistry-related aspects of projects within the Artios portfolio, often in new and challenging target classes with little or no literature precedent. You will be responsible for liaising with, coordinating and managing external synthetic and medicinal chemistry teams and using your knowledge and experience to solve complex problems. You will work to progress drug discovery projects in a multi-disciplinary environment with the internal Artios chemistry and biology teams, external collaborators and leading academics.
Key skills and abilities
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry
• Good understanding of medicinal chemistry design principles and the wider drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• High level of IT literacy
• Ability to analyse complex data sets
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
Required qualifications and experience
• PhD in Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry or BSc/MSc in Chemistry, plus extensive lab-based training
• ≥ 3 years’ industrial experience
• Proven track record of meaningful contributions to synthetic/medicinal chemistry programmes
• Demonstrable experience of complex synthetic route design and problem solving
Desired, but not essential
Computational chemistry/modelling experience
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you
This is a permanent role offering an attractive Salary & Benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to hr@Artiospharma.com