We are currently seeking an experienced molecular biologist to join the protein engineering group working on GPCR structure determination to enable drug discovery efforts.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, and the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Cloning of plasmid constructs for expression;
- Expression of GPCRs in insect, yeast and human cells;
- Characterization of GPCRs in membrane and in solubilised form using radioligand and fluorescent binding assays;
- Setting up and optimising thermal stability assays;
- Mutant library generation and directed evolution of proteins;
- Screening for stabilising mutations using our proprietary platform to create StaR proteins;
- Construct engineering to optimise expression;
- Purification and biochemical characterisation of GPCRs using a range of techniques such as size exclusion chromatography
- Careful documentation of experimental work; and,
- Work closely with molecular biologists, protein expression scientists, crystallographers and pharmacologists to help advance the project.
This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering science with an Industry-leading Drug Discovery company
Our preferred candidate will have the following profile:
- At least a BSc at 2:1 or above in a relevant area of biology;
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, whilst being highly self-motivated and work independently;
- Analytical thinking and good problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as the ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential; and
- Relevant lab experience would be preferred including:
- Experience in a variety of molecular biology and cell culture techniques;
- Experience in membrane protein expression methods in mammalian, insect and yeast cells;
- Experience in membrane protein purification;
- Experience in flow cytometry
- Experience in GPCR in vitro pharmacology and GPCR biochemical assays is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sosei Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Further information can be found on our website (https://soseiheptares.com/). Applications should include a covering letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2019/1PE. The closing date for applications is 30th September 2019.