Storm Therapeutics is a drug-discovery biotech based at Babraham Research Campus, south of Cambridge, UK. We are developing novel first-in-class drugs targeting RNA modifying enzymes as cancer therapeutics, progressing our first clinical candidate STC-15 to human trials this year. Due to an expanding drug discovery pipeline, Storm Therapeutics are now looking to recruit a talented, experienced, and enthusiastic Medicinal Chemist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic small Biotech company in one of the leading UK biotech hubs.
In this role your primary responsibility will be leading external synthetic and medicinal chemistry teams and projects within Storm’s therapeutics portfolio, across all stages of the drug discovery process. These projects are targeting new and challenging areas of biology with little or no literature precedent. In this arena, you will be expected to creatively apply your knowledge and experience to solve complex medicinal and synthetic chemistry problems. Storm operates a virtual drug discovery model and sources its chemistry through a number of established external providers. You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment across internal Storm Therapeutics chemistry and biology teams, external collaborators and leading academic groups.
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD in Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry or BSc/MSc in Chemistry with extensive industrial experience, preferably in oncology
• Proven track record of innovation and creativity in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
• Experience of providing scientific leadership and management to chemistry teams in a collaborative environment
Key Skills and Abilities
• In-depth understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry
• Up-to-date knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles
• Ability to creatively apply structure-based drug design and computational chemistry
• Thorough knowledge of drug discovery ideally including clinical candidate selection
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• Ability to assimilate and analyse complex data sets
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent role offering an attractive Salary & Benefits package.
Please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to info@Stormtherapeutics.com