Job Title: Principal Scientists (Matrix/People Lead)
Location: Stevenage– Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
At LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
This exciting position within LifeArc’s Cellular Science team is an integral part of the wider Translation Sciences Department. The team primarily supports projects across the LifeArc portfolio, not least the discovery and optimisation of therapeutics, but also technical and platform enhancement. Team members are involved in activities ranging from development and execution of (typically cellular) assays to support screening campaigns, compound profiling and optimisation, as well as target validation.
This role further includes:
• Supporting and leveraging expertise across projects
• Expertise in driving engagement (internal & external) through the matrix model
• Building on an existing reputation as a science leader and continuing to share science externally through scientific papers, presentations and at conferences
• Embarking on new ways of working
• Track record of working on rapid program and strategic change
• Inspiring innovation in everyday thinking
• A background in driving Platform/capability evolution
• Decisiveness, speed, accountability, and empowerment
• Credible data-driven decision making
• A strong focus on development of people, making this an active and living process.
Education & experience required:
• Qualified to degree level in a scientific discipline with a PhD or equivalent experience in academia or industry.
Skills & abilities:
• Lab-based scientist delivering complex cell-based assays to support target validation and mechanism of action studies as part of our immuno-oncology portfolio
• Provide direction for the scientific rationale of projects you are working on both internally and in discussion with collaborators
• Train and mentor others to run assays you have designed and generated
• Achieve scientific visibility through contribution to project and alliance meetings, and impact on delivery of projects against portfolio milestones.
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority ethnic backgrounds, for example, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LifeArc we are dedicated in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
To apply please click the following application link where you can apply and share your cover letter and CV to be reviewed: https://lifearc.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/18