Due to an expanding drug discovery pipeline Storm Therapeutics are looking to recruit a talented, experienced, and enthusiastic Medicinal Chemist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Storm therapeutics is the leading company targeting RNA modifying enzymes as cancer therapeutics having recently nominated its first development candidate STC-15.
In this role your primary responsibility will be leading external synthetic and medicinal chemistry teams and projects within the Storm therapeutics portfolio, at all stages of the drug discovery process. These projects will be in new and challenging target classes with little or no literature precedent. In this arena, you will be expected to creatively apply your knowledge and experience to solve complex medicinal and synthetic chemistry problems. You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with the internal Storm therapeutics chemistry and biology teams, external collaborators and leading academics.
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD in Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry or BSc/MSc in Chemistry with extensive industrial experience, preferably in oncology.
• Proven track record of innovation and creativity in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
• Experience of providing scientific leadership and management to chemistry teams in a collaborative environment
Key Skills and Abilities
• In-depth understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry
• Up-to-date knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles
• Ability to creatively apply structure-based drug design and computational chemistry methodologies
• Thorough knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Ability to assimilate and analyse complex data sets
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent role offering an attractive Salary & Benefits package.
Please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to info@Stormtherapeutics.com