PRODUCT MANAGER - Cambridge UK £ COMPETITIVE
PredictImmune Ltd was created in early 2017 as a spin-out from the Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK. It is a new generation molecular diagnostics company offering a unique approach to the prognosis of immune-mediated diseases such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis etc.
PredictImmune is developing whole-blood based prognostic assays that are simple, robust, RT- PCR tests consistent with methodologies in routine use in clinical laboratories. We aim to be the first company to offer predictive tests in immune-mediated diseases which will facilitate personalised treatment and thereby improve patient outcomes and health economics.
PredictImmune has just completed a £10m fund raising and has successfully launched its first test for IBD globally and it will be providing its proprietary technology as both a laboratory service and as a kit depending on the needs of global markets requirements.
PredictImmune’s mission is to improve patient treatment and outcome in these under served and chronic immune mediated diseases by enabling clinicians to make the right decision at the time of diagnosis.
With continued growth, we are now seeking a Product Manager who will report to our Director of Medical Affairs & Marketing and be responsible for providing comprehensive support across a broad spectrum of product management, marketing and strategic planning activities for the PredictSURE IBD™ Brand.
The role requires someone who can become a technical expert on this prognostic test, enabling them to work closely with both internal and external stake-holders to provide a two-way flow of information between these stake holders. This aspect of the role should ensure seamless communication with customers regarding any product updates/issues and an uninterrupted product supply to meet growing customer demand. The successful candidate should also be comfortable working on a peer-to-peer basis with both commercial (laboratory/pharmaceutical partners) and Clinical (Gastroenterologists, Nurses etc) customers.
As the product champion and technical expert, the Product Manager will also be responsible for developing and delivering training for partner laboratories and sales teams (both PredictImmune and partners).
A key part of the role will be understanding the Market for the product; keeping up-to-date on competitive landscape to ensure future strategy takes this into account. The role will be also be responsible for all Marcoms activities and promotional strategy for the product as well as helping to support corporate communications such as website development.
• BSc in a science subject; preferably life sciences, pharmacy etc.
o A background in immunology would be ideal
• Proven analytical skills.
• Strategic thinker with potential for advancement as the Company grows
• At least 2 years’ experience in marketing healthcare or diagnostics, with a strong track record and accessible references.
• Computer skills: databases, presentation development skills, MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines.
• Good project management skills to ensure timely delivery of campaigns etc.
• Strong communicator with ability to maintain open, professional and courteous communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to prioritise and drive results with a high emphasis on quality
• Team player, but able to work under own initiative.
• Ability to build relationships with KOLs on a peer-to-peer basis
Key elements of role:
• Understand the market and business needs and translate these into robust strategies to build revenues
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to define product and customer needs that can drive product optimisation and development
• Become the ‘technical expert’ for the product to ensure ability to support development of robust, coherent messaging and technical support to all customer groups
• Provide sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, training, core positioning and messaging (as appropriate)
• Lead the development of detailed business plans, product vision and strategy that align with, and support attainment of, company objectives
• Ensure alignment of marketing messages and materials across the world
• Development and execution of promotional materials in both print and electronic media, including promotional events such as scientific conferences and social media activities
• Travel is required and is estimated to account for 15% of the time
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to help define product strategy within an exciting early stage business and in return we offer a competitive salary package + benefits including Life Assurance, Healthcare and Pension, a great working atmosphere with good career progression and development opportunities.
If you feel you have got what it takes to join a vibrant and dynamic company, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org