Product Manager – Research Products
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent /
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Cambridge Based Position - with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team:
bit.bio is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the commercial team. Reporting to the VP Research Products, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of our ioCells research cells portfolio (with a focus on either CNS or Immune cells and associated disease models), ensuring product quality and alignment with our overall product vision and strategy, and by extension be a critical contributor to the Products strategy at bit.bio.
You will provide thought leadership and manage day to day operations to drive growth and success of your portfolio of ioCells. The role involves a high degree of interaction with internal teams and external stakeholders globally to ensure a timely and effective execution of our strategy and plans. Therefore, you will need extensive experience in defining product vision in accordance with customer and market needs, as well as ensuring products support bit.bio’s overall goals and strategy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Be the champion – the main driver to ensure commercial success of your product lines
• Create and execute agreed Product strategy that leverages new market opportunities and delivers growth targets
• Deliver full life-cycle management (conceptualisation to commercialisation), positioning, competitive intelligence and new product delivery, ensuring we maximise revenue and profit growth from our Products business
• Develop internal market research, competition definition, USP proposition and pricing to increase market access
• Own the P&L for your product line including the ownership of product pricing and ROI
• Collaborate with cross functional teams within bit.bio to ensure alignment and commercial success
• Work with Marketing to develop and support a global marketing strategy and annual plan based on product and market insights, including campaign planning and evaluation, the production of impactful marketing and technical collateral, and product launches
• Support Sales and Business Development teams with sales strategy as the subject matter expert for assigned portfolio by delivering sales support tools and training
• Product maintenance – ongoing care and support of product line, including the monitoring of customer satisfaction, competitor activity, new customer needs and sales support materials, product changes
• Are a qualified Scientist (Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent experience) in Molecular /Cellular Biology or Biochemistry
• Are currently working as a Product Manager within the Life Science or Biotech or Pharmaceutical sector
• Have excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
• Are a team player, willing to share and receive information
• Are highly organised, with highly developed planning skills and the ability to set priorities and manage time/resources effectively
• Are able to independently create quality solutions to problems and implement these effectively
With essential experience in…
• Demonstrable experience in a similar Product Manager or marketing or business development role within biotech or pharma sectors
• Proven experience of developing Marketing material for a product launch within biotech or pharma
• Proven experience of engaging with KOLs to build a global KOL network
• An advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in molecular/cellular/stem cell biology or biochemistry
• Experience of working in innovative iPSC or reprogramming technology
• Experience in CNS/Immune/Toxicology
• Previous R&D experience within biotech or pharma sector
• Experience with Adobe/Illustrator to create top quality marketing material
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support bit.bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com