Protein Analytical and Purification Scientist (1 year fixed term maternity cover)
Director CMC Analytical Development / Senior Scientist, Cell & Protein Technologies
Purification and analysis of Crescendo’s novel Humabody® products & coordination of early development activities
• Analysis of Humabody® products using chromatography, electrophoresis, biophysical & MS techniques.
• Small scale expression & purification of Humabody® material for in vitro & in vivo use.
• Coordination and efficiency improvements of cross-functional task management including material expression, purification, analytical testing and sample management.
• Contribution to cross-functional project teams including: preparing and presenting work and updates, inputting functional expertise into teams and keeping up to date with relevant literature and techniques
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks by your line manager
Education and Experience
• BSc or MSc in a relevant biological discipline.
• Laboratory experience in an industrial setting would be beneficial.
• Understanding of antibody or protein therapeutics and their development, experience of working with antibody fragments/scaffold molecules would be advantageous.
Skills and Knowledge
• Experience in operating & developing analytical techniques for complex biological products.
• Experience with GE ÄKTA & UPLC/HPLC chromatography systems.
• Formulation development of complex molecules
• Working knowledge of a broad range of purification techniques, such as affinity (His, Strep, ProA), SEC, HIC & IEX.
• Knowledge of Developability for novel biologic molecules.
• Demonstrated ability to independently design experiments, interpret and troubleshoot
• Highly organised, able to prioritise work, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a flexible, collaborative style with colleagues and teams within the company, as well as with external advisors, service providers and collaborators
• Excellent abilities in record keeping and maintenance of clearly written laboratory notebooks to a standard required for publications and patent filings
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to clearly present complex data
• Enthusiastic and proactive attitude
Please send a covering letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org