Established in 2001, Domainex is a privately-owned, rapidly growing drug discovery services company with expertise spanning disease target expression, hit discovery, hit-to-lead identification and lead optimisation.
We have established an excellent reputation for providing high-quality and innovative drug discovery services and have an established track record of delivering preclinical drug candidates for our partners. Our clients include leading universities, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in the UK and overseas.
As a fast-growing technology company, Domainex offers a stimulating environment in which to work. Scientists are encouraged to be innovators, work collaboratively and above all to deliver high quality data and results to our customers.
Domainex has a permanent vacancy for a PhD level scientist (or BSc/MSc) with relevant industrial experience in membrane protein expression, such as GPCRs or ion channels, to join our Protein Science Team in a lab-based role. The level of appointment will be commensurate with experience. The Protein Science Team offers our clients a comprehensive range of services including: molecular biology; protein production for biochemical and biophysical assays, and for structural biology, including structural analysis of protein-ligand structures by X-ray crystallography.
We are seeking applicants with relevant and proven experience (preferably in a CRO, pharma or biotech setting), supported with publications where applicable. Successful applicants for this role will have proven experience in project and or line management.
You will be able to work independently in membrane protein expression for protein or membrane preparations used in biochemical and biophysical analysis, including project planning, construct design, cloning, stable cell line generation, mammalian expression using transient expression, inducible vectors, BacMam system up to 10L scale, membrane preparation, membrane protein purification detergent based or otherwise.
Experience with structural analysis of membrane proteins by CryoEM or X-ray crystallography is desirable.
Due to the diverse nature of the projects the team supports you must be equally comfortable to work independently and as part of a team and able to handle working on multiple projects whilst maintaining high quality throughout. If you are a creative thinker, able to identify solutions to solve challenging problems to help progress client projects looking for the next career step we look forward to hearing from you. You must also be comfortable communicating your research results to external audiences.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan and implement and manage experimental protein production projects for membrane proteins such as GPCRs or ion channels, solving any problems that arise
• Undertake protein production studies, including choice of expression system, construct design, cloning, stable cell line generation, mammalian expression using transient expression, inducible vectors, BacMam system up to 10L scale
• Membrane preparations and membrane protein purification using detergent solubilisation or other methods
• Line manage and develop less experienced colleagues
• Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
• Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
• Actively pursue own personal development
• Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
For all positions please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference MPS1221 Closing date for applications: 14/01/2022