The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our client base ranges from virtual biotech companies all the way up to 3 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical giants. We design and deliver complete drug development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up and including Phase II clinical studies.
RxCelerate currently has an excellent opportunity for scientists to help build our new protein engineering and protein expression capabilities, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a good knowledge of standard molecular biology and protein expression/purification techniques. Ideally, they will also have an understanding of approaches used in biologics drug discovery, for example phage display technology. This is a full-time, lab-based role and it is expected that the successful candidate will perform work to a high standard under the supervision of a more senior team member. They will have a pro-active approach, be an exceptional team-worker and motivated to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
• Performing routine molecular biology techniques for construct generation, DNA and RNA extraction.
• Execution of selections using in vitro display technologies (phage/yeast display).
• Expression of protein using bacterial and mammalian systems.
• Protein purification and analysis using standard methods such as using chromatography and FPLC system, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, quantitative PCR.
• Maintenance of mammalian cell lines.
• Analysis and interpretation of experimental results.
• Maintenance of detailed accurate experimental records.
• Degree in Molecular Biology, Protein Biochemistry or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years additional lab-based experience.
• Experience of molecular biology techniques.
• A good understanding of different protein expression systems and purification techniques.
• A knowledge of phage and/or yeast display technologies would be an advantage.
• Ability to learn new techniques quickly and perform experiments to a high standard.
• Outstanding attention to detail, able to follow standard protocols to generate high quality data.
• Ability to work in a team environment under supervision, with a proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Good time management and organisational skills to enable planning of work on multiple projects during daily routine.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements above, and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply.
No agencies please.