We are looking for an individual who has passion for people and a keen eye for analytical techniques to join our Quality Control Analytical team as Supervisor.
We are RoslinCT, a world-leading cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organisation creating cutting-edge therapies that change people’s lives. Collaborative, dedicated and talented people are at the backbone of our culture, working both autonomously and in driven teams to make life-changing products utilising ground-breaking science.
For this role, you need to have experience in GMP QC analytical assays (primarily flow cytometry and/or qPCR), truly appreciate and enjoy teamwork and be keen to learn, educate and promote best practices in QC.
You will be a key member of our QC Analytical Team and you will hold responsibility for co-ordinating delivery of RoslinCT’s analytical testing programmes and implementation of QC strategies for cell and gene therapies. You will be committed to developing and supporting your team with guidance from your line manager, who will also be committed to your professional growth. You will be collaborating with our QC Management, MSAT, Development and Project Management teams in technical and operational discussions, playing an active role in shaping our growing company.
Work at RoslinCT is fast paced, and no two days are the same. Your responsibilities will therefore be varied, but will include;
• Leading and co-ordinating efforts of our QC Analytical Team in delivery of QC programmes to the highest standards.
• Scheduling analytical activities within the department, and ensuring all sampling and testing is performed against set specifications.
• Developing and continually improving the awareness of your team in GMP and best analytical practices.
• Reviewing of QC procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and identifying areas of improvements.
• Review, approval and co-ordination of QC documentation within the Quality Management System.
• Ensuring incidents and changes are documented and approved in accordance with procedures.
• Co-ordinating outsourced testing and liaising with external testing providers.
• Representing QC Analytical team on client calls and internal meetings.
• Ensuring training needs of the QC team are met.
• Line managing QC Analytical team members, being responsible for managing employee performance and professional development with appropriate support from Quality Management and our HR.
• Undertaking regular 1-2-1 meetings with QC Analytical team members and holding team meetings to foster a professional, inclusive and supportive team environment.
You will hold a BSc in a Life Science or related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
Skills and Experience:
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience in GMP QC analytical assays and testing, primarily flow cytometry and/or qPCR.
• Demonstrable leadership, communication, interpersonal and motivation skills.
• A passion for people and teamwork.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company delivering life-changing therapies, we offer:
• 31 days of annual leave, plus 4 public holidays - when you have been with us for three years, we will give you an extra day holiday and when you reach 5 years, you’ll get an extra two days’ holiday.
• Competitive company pension scheme – we contribute up to 8% of your salary (depending on length of service) to ensure that you are all set for the future.
• Group Life Cover – you are automatically covered for three times your basic salary to give you peace of mind for you and your family.
• Healthcare Cashback and Mental Health/Wellbeing support our Healthcare plan.
• Staff discounts on food, drink, electronics, entertainment and electricals.
• Access to our Cycle2Work Scheme so you can save up to 42% on a new bike to help with your commute and wellbeing.
• We have a dedicated Social Committee and other regular company events such as BBQs, team drinks, quizzes, parties and 5-aside football.
• Career Progression & Training Opportunities are provided for all of our staff to help you achieve your goals and grow professionally and personally.
A key part of working at RoslinCT is being able to embody our company values, which are integral to the work we do here. As such, you should be able to demonstrate:
• Passion for customer satisfaction.
• Ability to support a ‘one team’ approach.
• Great communication.
• Commitment to personal growth and development.
• Accountability for your work.
We are based at Edinburgh BioQuarter, which acts as a hub for Scottish Life Science with close links to the University and the Royal Infirmary.
Employer Value Proposition:
RoslinCT is seeking the best, brightest, and most passionate cell and gene therapy talent with a diverse range of skillsets, experience, and perspectives. We offer industry-leading annual leave allowances, career development opportunities and employee benefits, as well as working groups and social activities, and are dedicated to developing the next generation of experts and future leaders of our company. If you want to utilise your skills and talent in a state-of-the art company that truly changes lives, you belong at RoslinCT.
If interested, please apply via the link below: