Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
Bit Bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At Bit Bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team:
To execute our ambitious research programmes for generating all the human cell types in the dish using our unique reprogramming technology we are looking for highly motivated and skilled assistant scientists to join our growing team. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research programmes, be involved in both the design, execution of experiments and reporting of the research results. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working under daily supervision of a principal scientist in a team of 3 on reprogramming of iPSCs to specific cell types
• Design and execution of experiments, and analysis and reporting of results.
• Working collaboratively with the wider R&D team on the development of core technologies and effective organization of research (equipment, reagents, workflow
• Will join Bit Bio as a keen team player driven by a passion for scientific discovery.
• Are a critical thinker with scientific rigour and inventiveness.
• Are comfortable working to tight timelines.
With essential experience
• A Bachelor degree in cell biology, molecular biology or similar, plus minimum 3 years of laboratory experience in a rigorous research environment in industry or academic research lab.
• Experience with mammalian tissue culture
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, Western blot etc)
• Experience with basic techniques for phenotyping of mammalian cells (RT-qPCR, IF and flow cytometry)
• Experience with human pluripotent stem cell culture
• Knowledge and practical experience with stem cells or progenitors Knowledge and practical experience with liver cells and related phenotypic assays
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent / Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Lab Based Position
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com