TranSINE Therapeutics is seeking to recruit an experienced, highly skilled and motivated researcher to join our expanding laboratory team at the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, one of the UK’s leading biotech hubs. This presents an excellent opportunity for a talented, driven and dynamic laboratory scientist to join an evolving biotech focused on the development of new class of nucleic acid-based medicine in the growing field of gene therapy.
The ideal candidate will undertake laboratory work to generate high quality data to facilitate the progression of nucleic acid-based candidate molecules through early research and screening activities. Candidates must be able to work independently, be highly collaborative and demonstrate a proven track record in the rapid delivery and analysis of robust data sets within a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To implement laboratory-based activities as directed by the Research Director and provide additional intellectual input to experimental design and alternative approaches.
• To execute high quality experimental laboratory work, demonstrating an excellent attention-to-detail and appreciation of the broad Company research goals.
• Work to clear and tight timelines and disseminate data via excellent written and verbal communication, working in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues both within, and external to, the TranSINE Therapeutics team.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• A degree in the biological sciences.
• Significant hands-on laboratory experience, ideally working in an industrial or biotech lab setting.
• An evidenced track record of delivering high quality data to tight timelines, ideally with a focus on gene or oligonucleotide therapeutic approaches.
• An understanding of the drug discovery process, and an appreciation of the key requirements for working in a biotech start-up.
• A robust understanding of gene therapy and delivery of cargo via AAV and/or as oligonucleotides.
• A strong background in essential cell biology, molecular biology and biochemical techniques, not limited to but including: cell culture, transfection, western blotting, quantitative PCR, design and generation of DNA/RNA plasmids and constructs, experience of in vitro transcription assays and the assessment of RNA transcripts, cell-based assays, basic bioinformatics skills.
• The ability to work independently in the laboratory, following detailed instructions where necessary but providing own intellectual input and advice as appropriate.
• An understanding of experimental design, statistical analysis and data interpretation.
• The ability to deliver experimental data in accordance to agreed timelines.
• Accurate and timely data recording, analysis, report writing and lab book maintenance.
• Adherence to Company codes of Practice and laboratory Health and Safety rules and regulations.
We will offer the successful candidate excellent remuneration and benefits. Should you wish to be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 15th February 2021.