Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
The role at Scientist II is to undertake a practical role with possible supervisory responsabilities within the Physical Sciences laboratory, working on a variety of projects in both the food and pharmaceutical sectors and managing some of these projects. It will focus primarily on Thermal Analysis and its techniques such as Differential Scanning Colourimetry (DSC) and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) for ingredient evaluation, acting as the specialist for this field within the business and developing into a subject matter expert. Nonetheless it will as required partake in other Physical Sciences projects encompassing analyses such as DVS, Powder Flow, SSA, texture and laser diffraction. The individual will supervise and train junior members of the team as required, as well as undertake client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
• Perform routine and investigative Thermal Analysis through use of TGA and DSC independently and provide interpretation of results generated as required.
• Support other projects using techniques such as particle size, laser diffraction analyzer, DLS, SSA, powder rheometers, texture and zetasizer
• Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support for Thermal Analysis/TGA and DSC
• Responsible for the maintenance of the assigned systems including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports).
• Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
• Be a superuser in the use of Laboratory LIMS, Q Pulse and specific equipment software and proficient at setting up reports and troubleshooting.
• Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods. Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence
• Work as part of an efficient analytical team
• To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
• Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
• Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required
• Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
Leadership and supervision
• Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff
• Train junior members of the team in routine methods
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
• Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
• Good understanding and experience of the relevant techniques, particularly DSC and TGA
• Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area
• Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team
• Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently. Meticulous attention to detail
• Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with client’s and colleagues
• Self motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
• Able to organise own work and others to maximise output
• Computer literate in standard MS office applications
• Experience of working with thermal analysis, physical properties testing and project management
• Experience of working in a regulated environment.
• English fluency (written and spoken)
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies