Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
About the team
RSSL's Microscopy team utilises a wide variety of microscopy techniques in order to analyse food and pharmaceutical samples on behalf of our clients in the respective areas. Such projects can range from simple identification of foreign bodies to complex analysis of food microstructure, and from rapid response investigations to longer term, more in-depth research projects.
How you will contribute:
The role at Senior Technician level will focus on the use of advanced imaging techniques to understand the microscopic structure of foods to support RSSL’s parent company Mondelez and other clients within the food industry. You will contribute to experiments as part of a team and assist in analysing results, and will utilise techniques such as light microscopy, confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, micro-spectroscopy (FT-IR, Raman) and micro-computed tomography. Occasional client contact and administrative support for laboratory management is also required.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Working in teams and independently with the guidance of more senior team members
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform microscopy analysis using light microscopy, confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, micro-spectroscopy (FT-IR, Raman) and micro-computed tomography
- Assist in the maintenance of the equipment and databases
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- An interest in food science.
- Enthusiasm to digitally upskill in areas such as image analysis, coding (Python) and/or data analytics.
Education / Certifications:
- Educated to degree level (or higher) preferably in Materials Science, Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
Job specific requirements:
- Experience in a R&D laboratory, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Experience in one or more microscopy-based techniques i.e. light, confocal and/or electron microscopy, micro-spectroscopy (FT-IR, Raman), micro-computed tomography.
- Competent in informatics and reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Very occasional travel.
- Work schedule: Standard Business Hours.
Standard Business Hours
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...