Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2021, we’ve been recognised as Employer of the Year and Business of the Year at the Thames Valley Business Awards, and in past years have achieved OBN's Best CRO and Women in Business Enlightened Employer.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a RSSL Pharmaceutical Training Consultant to join our renowned team.
This role will be at the heart of our Pharmaceutical training team providing content creation, coordinating client programmes as well as delivering hands on training and keeping the training content current with scientific development and external landscape shifts.
How you will contribute
You will be responsible for performing a range of analyses to ensure that projects are completed effectively, and time, and which meet customers’ expectations. Under supervision, you will set up new analytical methods using existing technology and instruments and plan and implement new experiments, providing data for validation. To succeed in this role, you will use your strong teamwork skills to collaborate with others to perform analyses and report work in accordance with analytical standards, ensure effective organization of your assigned workload, and assess the integrity and accuracy of the analytical data generated. Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment is crucial in your role, so you will use the laboratory’s best practices in your work. You will use your knowledge of generic and specific software packages (such as analytical instruments and statistics) and deliver technical reports and presentations to internal groups. In addition, you will train and mentor junior team members in analysis and laboratory programs and provide administrative support for laboratory management.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results
- Independently perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using ELISA, cell culture, bioassays, PCR, SDS-PAGE and western blot as required and provide interpretation of results
- Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support
- Responsible for the maintenance of the a range of instrument systems including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports)
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols
- Be superuser in the use of Gen5, CFX manager and be proficient at setting up reports and troubleshooting
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods
Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
- Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
Leadership and supervision
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff
- Train junior members of the team in routine methods
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk assessments and COSHH
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS
- Ensure training records are accurate.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies