Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Our team of 300 includes 22 nationalities which has created a diverse and inclusive community with a mission of ‘Science Enhancing Lives’
The role of Technical Leader – Early Phase Development Chemist is to provide strong technical direction and analytical expertise throughout the discovery, development and delivery phases of the drug life cycle. This role leads a team of scientists and manages multiple complex pharmaceutical development, transfer and scale up projects to pre-defined timelines, quality standards and regulatory requirements.
The expectations of this role are:
• Material characterisation, innovation and process optimisation programmes for concept materials through to the established API and finished products
• Deliver continued cutting edge technology to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries
• Be the go-to person for technical advice and coaching and create our next generation scientists in this key area of the business
• Use strong knowledge base to provide technical direction to clients
• Interface with Industry and regulatory bodies to keep abreast of industry trends
• Provide high quality scientific service by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload
• Responsible for a portfolio of technically complex multidisciplinary projects.
• Review and interpret project data and provide sound scientific conclusions which define project direction.
• Write, review and authorise interpretive scientific reports including complex method development procedures and validation protocols
• Provide training, supervise both junior and senior staff in method development and interpretation, and authorise competencies within the area of expertise.
Communication & Influence
• Liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of complex project proposals and results.
• Provide expert advice and lead client and stakeholder meetings.
• Represent RSSL as a subject matter expert in external events delivering presentations to enhance market presence.
• Have an influential role within the pharmaceutical industry and associated government bodies.
• As part of the RSSL’s technical specialist community, provide expert scientific contribution to shape the business strategy.
Key Leadership and supervision
• Effective knowledge transfer to equip employees with the technical skills and competencies to support business priorities.
• Develop and coach staff to reach individual career aspirations.
• Drive technical recruitment to support scientific strategic initiatives.
• Demonstrate strong organisational skills to assure integrity of analytical data and timely/accurate provision of results.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
A strong track record of analytical development and validation with industry experience Experience managing technical projects independently and have regulatory knowledge of all phases of drug development Proven experience of authoring technical reports and presenting findings at relevant symposia.
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies