We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
The Scientific Associate role provides technical and genomic expertise to provide input to Inivata clinical projects, research and development and biopharma, including project management of clinical and business development projects, where appropriate. The role will involve close collaboration with the Technology and Assay Development and Computational Biology teams under the direction of the Director of Clinical Genomics.
Support Clinical Collaborations for Clinical Research
- Work with external research collaborators from leading academic centres across the US/EU to manage relationships, project timelines, sample forecasting and
tracking, and data management for independent studies.
- Manage proposals from external collaborators through approval by Inivata Scientific review.
- Act as a point person for internal clinical team and site staff. Communicate with the larger scientific team regarding research/analysis to ensure understanding of
design and results.
- Develop clear and measurable analytical plans.
- Interpret individual testing results and provide compilation of all analytical data for finalisation and approval prior to transfer for study analysis. Utilize primary
statistical analysis methods.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and academic research data and provide summaries and reviews.
- Provide expertise in cancer genomics for the development of new products and biopharma requests.
- Prepare data presentations and publications as required to promote Inivata clinical studies and products. Attend scientific meetings to represent Inivata.
- Maintain study budget for individual collaborations. Understands, implements and verifies complex and tailored study budgets or invoicing for projects.
- Utilize laboratory expertise with hands-on bench work for the development of new assays to support research in early clinical pilot studies, as required. Plan, perform
and develop genomic analysis of clinical samples.
HIPAA Compliance: Position will
- Agree to abide by Employment and Confidentiality Agreements and End User Policies
- Commit to stay up to date on training requirements for HIPAA
- Understand the importance of the proper handling and disposal of ePHI and agrees to follow HIPAA Regulations
- Abide by the requirements for the proper disposal of equipment containing ePHI
- Agree to report breaches and the improper handling of ePHI to the Company’s Privacy and Security Officers
- PhD. Cancer Genomics or equivalent subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a molecular biology environment.
- Bench laboratory experience required.
- Extensive Cancer Genomics/Molecular biology skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Cancer Genomics.
- Knowledge of Product Development and Inivata Products
- Strong troubleshooting and data interpretation skills. Application of statistical principles and analysis skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in clinical research.
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 8th July 2020.
We look forward to reviewing your application!