The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our client base ranges from virtual biotech companies all the way up to 3 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical giants. We design and deliver complete drug development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
We are currently looking to recruit a data manager to expand our Systems Biology team. The Systems Biology team work on a diverse range of projects including metabolomic and proteomic studies of clinical and pre-clinical data as well as running a bespoke Phenome Wide Association Study (PheWAS) platform. The team also assists with the data capture and data management of our in-house clinical studies.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
This role is a technical support role in which the candidate will work as a part of the small, collaborative Systems Biology team, based at the beautiful Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge. The candidate would also be expected to work closely with the Chemistry, Clinical and IT divisions at RxCelerate to develop data management strategies to support our work programmes. The role has a broad range of responsibilities incorporating database design and the administration of computerised systems related to our regulatory work. The candidate should be self-motivated, highly organised with strong communication skills and be able to work as part of a team. The ability to prioritise work within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
• Relational database design and maintenance
• Management of computerised systems to include system validation and security
• Archiving of electronic data ensuring data integrity and secure retrieval of files
• BSc/MSc degree in a physical or computer sciences with relevant experience
• An interest in bioinformatics and/or cheminformatics
• Experience in relational database design using commercially available software (FileMaker Pro or MS Access) and/or open-source equivalents
• Meticulous attention to detail in database design
• Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent IT skills with experience in setting up and administration of computerised systems
• Knowledge of the safe archiving and retrieval of electronic data
• Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to review and assimilate new information rapidly and effectively
• Experience of cloud computing
• Experience of working in a regulatory environment e.g. GLP
• Familiar with the principles of change control
This is a full-time role. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies, as described above. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to email@example.com by Friday 30th August 2019. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply.